Miui Clock anyone?

HelpeRX

Reaction score
I know this is different but I know the community here know everyone not only about the droid 1 but other phones too =P. I put Miui on my friends HTC Inspire its amazing but how do i get that clock to look like the 3d miui one does any ideas? Thanks people =).

DROOIID

Reaction score
If you mean the flip clock that looks the htc one, its called fancy widget from the app store.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Go weather has the miui clock look.

sent from somewhere...

OP
H

HelpeRX

Reaction score
RE

Nvm figured it out thanks Jengas Kahn o_O.

Last edited:

jengas kahn

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure it should work on every phone.

first, download root explorer if you don't have it. it costs a few bucks but it is one of the most, if not the most, useful tools to a root user.

go the page i linked to in order to download the .apk for wherever you are located as well as the corresponding miui_city.db file.

when those are finished downloading, open up root explorer.
navigate to your /sdcard/download folder and the files should be there (assuming you downloaded them using your phone).
long-press and copy the one with the apk extension.

now navigate to the /system/app folder and click the button that says "mount r/o" so that it says "mount r/w" (fun fact: that means you were in read only but you're now in read/write).
change the permissions to rw-r--r-- by long-pressing the file, click "permissions", check read and write for the first row and just read for the next two rows.

while still in the /system/app folder you can click that mount button so it says r/o.
reboot the phone in order see the app and to create the /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/ folder where you'll need to place the miui_city.db file.

open up root explorer and copy that .db file to that folder i just mentioned, change the permissions so that they look like whatever permissions are on all the other files in there, and reboot the phone.

should work. good luck.

frostthejack

Reaction score
Another way is to use terminal type su for super user type sysrw for system read write then cp /sdcard/wherever your MIUI weather. Apk is then a space followed by /system/app and your good to go don't even need to reboot. But you can by also typing reboot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk