Miui and Exchange

mrleegundy

Reaction score
First and foremost I am a moderately bright user and have some back ground but not the sharpest tack all the time. I want to say thank you to the entire community I think the development that is being done is amazing and would not be possible without everyone’s input. I will stop soap boxing now and ask my question.

Background
I used the MIUI v2 and was very please with it except that the tethering was broken for me and the kernel would not get over 600 no matter whose kernel I used.
I decided to take a shot and see how things were going on the cutting edge of the Miui wave. I was tremendously happy to see the tethering is working very well. But I have the same issue it appears with connecting with my work email (exchange) as the stock 2.2 (my employer runs 2010 exchange).
Question
Is there a work around to get the email to work in 3.2 it worked great in 2.0 ?

Thanks again for the great support and amazing rom.

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
M

mrleegundy

Reaction score
Thanks i will try it here in a minute.

what would you suggest for pushing the Apk? i have eoe installer pro but it gives a FC when i try and launch it. I am gonna try Apkinstaller see if that works.

Thanks again,

Ps. I posted on the link you provided.

Last edited:

ipadl

Reaction score
Curiously, what was the problem that you were seeing with Exchange? Was email not working? I am having a weird problem syncing my contacts - it only syncs about 1/2 - and if this is the same problem you were seeing, I might try the fix posted above...

Thanks,

Seth

loudaccord

Reaction score
for me, it would give an error while trying to create my work account. Wouldn't connect to the server, almost like I had the wrong info in.

fearthewopr

Reaction score
if you guys switch to using Touchdown, you'll have ALOT more features. Activesync is VERY lacking in android. How can I not SEARCH (Google, seriously...) my work email? sorry for the rant :)

loudaccord

Reaction score
if you guys switch to using Touchdown, you'll have ALOT more features. Activesync is VERY lacking in android. How can I not SEARCH (Google, seriously...) my work email? sorry for the rant :)

the biggest thing for me was that I couldn't respond to meeting invites... now that I can, I'm kinda happy... other than search, what else do you like about TD?

fearthewopr

Reaction score

the biggest thing for me was that I couldn't respond to meeting invites... now that I can, I'm kinda happy... other than search, what else do you like about TD?

Search is HUGE for me, but some of the other features I cant live without....out of office settings, tasks sync, categories.

I'm an IT guy so I'm on the road all day supporting clients and I need as much functionality as possible from my mobile.

I'm not a big fan of the TD ui, but i havent found anything else with the features.

drew

Reaction score
Will this .apk file work with the latest build (12.3)? Ever since I installed the ROM I've been unable to connect (add) my Exchange account.

loudaccord

Reaction score
Will this .apk file work with the latest build (12.3)? Ever since I installed the ROM I've been unable to connect (add) my Exchange account.

worked for me. I'm on 12.3.2 and had to use this email apk

drew

Reaction score
So I downloaded the file, and then used Root Explorer to copy into /system/app. The behavior is still the same...it's acting like it cannot connect to the mail server.

Is that file old? It says on the download page that it is "deprecated".

Any ideas?

loudaccord

Reaction score
I used the file even though it said that it was old. Did you reboot after replacing the email.apk?

drew

Reaction score
both a reboot and a power off / power on. Still no workie.

I'm going to grab someone else's Droid. Boss says it isn't the mail server, but there's been some firewall changes recently. That's really the only other thing it can be.

*Update* - Android 2.1 phones connect. Stock Android 2.2 phones do not. The old account I had was created under 2.1 and then I got the 2.2 OTA, so I have to figure out why exchange is blocking 2.2 (ActiveSync maybe?)

Last edited: