Miui and android 2.3.4

DROOIID

Reaction score
When we get 2.3.4 in our miui (hopefully next week) will our google talk app break? This seems kind of weird considering our phone isnt meant to have it, I was wondering and hoping that we could figure out a way to make it work and just turn on our back facing 5 mp camera and show that to the person we are video chatting with. Would that be possible? dancedroid

taward09

Reaction score
When we get 2.3.4 in our miui (hopefully next week) will our google talk app break? This seems kind of weird considering our phone isnt meant to have it, I was wondering and hoping that we could figure out a way to make it work and just turn on our back facing 5 mp camera and show that to the person we are video chatting with. Would that be possible? dancedroid

Probably not. The version that's out doesn't have the option to switch between front and back cameras, so it probably wouldn't let you use the back one.

OP
DROOIID

DROOIID

Reaction score
Could anyone customize or hack the app so we could do this?

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

crdnilfan

Reaction score
Could anyone customize or hack the app so we could do this?

If a ROM would have that feature, it would be MIUI, the devs over there essentially completely rewrite stuff from scratch using google's code purely as examples. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they pulled this off.

OP
DROOIID

DROOIID

Reaction score
I guess ill have to just keep my fingers crossed.