MIUI 3D Gallery

AquaDan88

Reaction score
Can anyone provide me with the original 3d Gallery apk so I can push that back on? Stupid me forgot to save a backup (that's what I get for doing it at 11:30 last night).

basedboii

Reaction score
even after i followed your guys directions on how to replace this gallery i still end up with the old gallery... weird idk what i am doing wrong lol:icon_eek:

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

You're not doing anything wrong, both stock and this one look exactly the same; possibly because the MIUI version is just a modded stock gallery.

GeneRs

Reaction score
I was just wondering if this passed under the radar?

MIUI 3D Gallery

UPDATE: I installed this and saw a VERY big speed improvement with image loading times. VERY NICE! Below I am providing a link to the file for those who do not have miui.com accounts. So far as I can tell, there is no need to translate. BTW folks don't be fooled like I was in thinking that they skinned Galler3D. LOL @ me... they didn't. The pic below is just a screencap of a blue image the has been opened up in gallery.

Gallery3D.apk <---(you need to push this to /system/app to overwrite the old Gallery3D.apk)

101114111519476e231f7e641b.png

I installed this and it looks nothing like the image in the OP. Just looks like the original galley. Also my pics don't seem to load that much faster. I know I'm not reverting to original gallery because I changed the extension to .bak. What gives? Where did I screw up?

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

I installed this and it looks nothing like the image in the OP. Just looks like the original galley. Also my pics don't seem to load that much faster. I know I'm not reverting to original gallery because I changed the extension to .bak. What gives? Where did I screw up?

*Sigh...*

You're not doing anything wrong, both stock and this one look exactly the same; possibly because the MIUI version is just a modded stock gallery.

A measly 11 pages, does anyone enjoy reading anymore?

GeneRs

Reaction score
A measly 11 pages, does anyone enjoy reading anymore?[/QUOTE]

Thanx Zero. I'm an idiot. Especially since I posted that DIRECTLY under the explainatioin. I was looking for. First time I've done that. DUUUHHHH.

AquaDan88

Reaction score
It should be pointed out that this modded gallery3d.apk will NOT allow you to change the lockscreen wallpaper to an image in your gallery. You will need to either switch back and forth between modded and stock to do it, or leave the stock gallery on the phone.

xformulax

Reaction score
It should be pointed out that this modded gallery3d.apk will NOT allow you to change the lockscreen wallpaper to an image in your gallery. You will need to either switch back and forth between modded and stock to do it, or leave the stock gallery on the phone.

it should be pointed out that this is blatantly untrue.

you may have a combination of issues, but i'm running the new gallery and i can switch either wallpaper at will.

OP
T

treym

Updated op. Moved some text around to make it easier to understand. Removed image for the sake of not confusing anyone. Added noob proof red text. yay...

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
Just thought I'd give some tips in how to fix the lockscreen wallpaper issue that some people have been having.

When I updated to the current version of MIUI (after a wipe/reset), the 3DGallery apk was shown in my /system/app folder as expected, but the gallery seemed to be moving slow like the stock. I changed the 3DGallery apk there to .bak, and redownloaded the gallery. I copied/pasted it in to the /system/app folder, fixed permissions, and rebooted. However, when I rebooted, I was no longer able to choose a lockscreen from my gallery. After doublechecking my permissions, I couldn't think of what else I could do.

What I ended up doing was simply reflashing 12.3.2 and once my phone booted back up, the option to choose a lockscreen wallpaper from my gallery was restored. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone, but if you're still having issues, try flashing that version (no wipe needed) and see if it fixes things for you. Now, my gallery loads much faster and I'm able to choose a lockscreen wallpaper from the gallery.

Hope this helps!

mjb0314

Reaction score
What I ended up doing was simply reflashing 12.3.2 and once my phone booted back up, the option to choose a lockscreen wallpaper from my gallery was restored.

By re-flashing 12.3.2, you replaced the Gallery3D.apk from this thread with the one from 12.3.2. That's why it works.

edit: removed most of the quote.

Last edited:

acepelon

Reaction score
Has anyone who has done this have Watchdog or another process-watcher installed? I think the reason that this is so fast is that when it is running it is taking over the CPU and Watchdog fires warning after warning about this app. Mine was running over 90% the entire time I was using it. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I think that might be what the difference is between this gallery and stock. Anyone else want to give it a try to confirm? Watchdog lite is free so it doesn't cost anything but a little time.

Oh- and my CPU temp which is almost always very low shot up to 120 F.

Last edited:

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
What I ended up doing was simply reflashing 12.3.2 and once my phone booted back up, the option to choose a lockscreen wallpaper from my gallery was restored.

By re-flashing 12.3.2, you replaced the Gallery3D.apk from this thread with the one from 12.3.2. That's why it works.

edit: removed most of the quote.

Yeah but my 3Dgallery wasn't loading nearly as quick as it does now.