MIUI 00.12.3.2 Issues with PC connectivity

xmlaroux

Reaction score
I've been on UD since... many months, just came over from UD2.4 which was a battery hog. Now I can't charge my phone using PC or connect and access the SD card from my PC. It was working with UD2.4(and many previous releases) without any problems.

Anyone have an Idea why? It will stay lit, and never drain the battery, just not charge.

The PC makes the connection sound, and yes I do have it in Charge/Transfer mode.. the SD just won't show up now.

Pulling the card out to push apps and roms over is a pain, and using an AC charger kina sucks as I only have one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
Did you wipe before installing? If not, especially with this rom, you can wind up with all sorts of problems. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem.

OP
X

xmlaroux

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

Yes, Wiped Data, Cache, each 3 times. Windows 7 64bit.. have the D1 drivers for ADB installed... everything was working perfect before this rom, never had this issue before. Odd... have switched from charge only to charge/transfer, get the "connect sound" on PC, SD never shows up.. rebooted both PC and phone several times .. its the ROM i'm afraid, and I don't want to wipe again.. it was a PITA. I haven't had to wipe in forever.. really annoying.

Update:
Looks like the "Charging" while connected is not an issue anymore. Now if just the SD card would show up.. I'd really like this rom much more.

So far, the batter usage is very nice. App drawer is nice, speed is good.. some weirdness with Angry birds..

Anyone else have "Move to SD" capability? I don't see that for any of the programs.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
You may have to wipe your SD card. Sometimes it can be corrupt. Copy everything to your hard drive with a card reader, format, and restore the card. Hopefully, that will correct the problem. I use Titanium Backup to move apps to SD. You may not be seeing them because of the possible issue with the card. I know that my card takes awhile to be recognized when I reboot or disconnect from the computer. Sometimes it takes a few minutes.

Last edited:

droidface46

Reaction score
mine used to pop up automatically,now i have to go into the my computer menu and double click ,i think its e drive on mine and its the sd card

gwhiz377

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of this problem as well, but it just started to work. Not sure what I did. Had to select the data transfer option like 4 or 5 times before it finally worked.

ludi

Reaction score
I experienced this on 12.3.2. Connection between WinXP SP3 worked as intended, connection with Win 7 x32 allowed charging, but would not mount.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had the opposite problem.... it didn't work on ud2.4 for me but its working on miui... when i had ud i had to mount from the recovery menu but once the phone was on it would never mount.... i was getting error messages and had to reboot if the mounting options did come up.... very frustrating i know.... i was thinking it had something to do with the sdcard either being loose or just bad... but when i went to recovery it mounted instantly which made no sense to me... try a few reboots or a fresh download and install... miuis' newest rom mounts with my phone super fast

OP
X

xmlaroux

Reaction score
To All

Thanks all... I still have the issue, but now I will upgrade to the newest MIUI and see if the problem persists... Oh how I hate wiping Data... pain in the ass

ludi

Reaction score
Anyone still experiencing this? If so, are you using any sort of hardware monitoring software? I.e. rivatuner, cpuid, realtemp, etc.

Lemme know.

OP
X

xmlaroux

Reaction score
Solved ... at least for me

All. thank you for your replies. I have now resolved my PC connectivity issue. Obviously you set it to "Charge and Data Transfer" mode. But what I did have turned on was "Debugging mode". I turned this off, then all of a sudden my "SD card" popped up on my PC. Whala!

All... now, I just had my first random reboot (that I know of), and I have seen others mention this as well. Anyhow, I'm on 12.3, and not going to 12.11 as I've seen a few too many issues and my 12.3 is rockin... with GREAT battery life.

Now, GMAIL update has to be manually done as the default in 12.3 is not signed properly and doesn't show up as installed... but thats easy to fix, uninstall with Titanium, then re-install from the market.:icon_ banana: