Mistake

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
well after rooting my tablet and installing a custom kernal my tablet was working for a couple of days but for some reason i have a feeling that one of the application messed up the tablet to the point where it got bricked. but i got me another one so only time will tell...

coheirnt

Reaction score
Yea I've had the same problem with mine. Was yours just soft bricked? I've done that to mine oh like 5 6 times. I can't get any roms to run stable at all. I've tried all of boushs stuff. I can't even get k-lean to fully boot. I can get his aosp to run for like oh 15-20 minutes. The longest was like a day. Not sure why none of it other then his kernel stays stable for me.. but what do we do from every where I've looked he's the only developer out there for vzw. And I'm way to much of a noob to do any of the development. Lol well good luck man keep me updated on your flashing adventures.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
lol yeah i know and being that thats not the only one tablet hes working on i know its not easy...what surprises me is that the nook and other tablets get more love than the GT ohhh well ill keep trying lol. but yeah i was so bricked that i could not load the into the os setting so it just stayed stucked on the samsung sign. i tried everything but with no luck, my first brick ever lol and i hope its my last...dancedroid

coheirnt

Reaction score
Yea I seen he's working on the Lenovo think pad now :-( . I did see on twitter that he has a port of cm7 for the galaxy tab. Done or almost done. And some kernel updates. V8 I think. Yea it drives me crazy even GSM galaxy tabs get crazy love man?? I'm like damn it I'm gonna have to get off my ass and learn how to do themes or roms .. But I'm currently working 60 hours a week and have sports for the kids and my wife's going to school full time with our fourth child on the way...so it's like dang I got no time...lol. did you see boush put put the deodexed files for vzw? I hope that sparks something. And i feel ya on the brick man I haven't bricked yet. When I bootstrapped it soft bricked but I used the link in this forum to go back to stock and worked fine. I get some odd e: messages now though when wiping stuff . I just got done reading the eco2 conversion on GizmoNinja. I might try that and see if it clears up my flashing problems. Cause it does the ext 4 conversion via himdall. So well see gottawait for my wife to get done typing up her papers for the week. Then ill try. Right after I get my Droid x out of bootloop..lol long story.

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
lol understandable and yeap gsm get all the love...which sucks in my opinion. i think with the x it was easy for me to get it out of bootloop it just took me a minute to figure it out lol

coheirnt

Reaction score
Yea I can't get Rsd to open I'm running windows 7 and coming from gingerbread so it has to be done through Rsd to my understanding. So well see. I need something that's not windows 7. Blah.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you guys do the RSD thing through a VM? That way you can install any OS you wish.

VM= Virtual Machine.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just thinking you can install Linux or older versions of windows which might make this easier.