Missing yahoo in my accounts

markpap

Reaction score
Gingerbread pushed to my phone and since then yahoo email stopped pushing. I an using the messing area not the yahoo stand alone app.

I can still manually force email by entering "messaging" so account still exists.

However it is not listed in settings > accounts. I wanted to delete it and then add it back. If I go to add account it said it already exists.

Is there a way to manually delete the yahoo account?

booms78

Reaction score
Since manually updating all other accounts i had are not visibe either. Gmail is the only account that shows up in account menu. I have hotmail and facebook but can not see them so i can not delete them. I hope they make a patch to fix this issue. I do not want to do a factory data reset. But am thinking of trying that to see if that works.

SWBookworm

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing--yahoo stopped pushing since the gingerbread update. Any word on a patch or fix? Would it be better to use the yahoo app?

Gmail is working fine.

ElroyJ

Reaction score
Fix To Remove Hidden Account

My Dad on his Droid X has two yahoo accounts that were set up selecting yahoo under the add accounts. After updating to Gingerbread his accounts were giving an invalid certificate error. He hit retry and eventually it fixed this issue and I think both of his accounts started working but, one account did not show in the account list under, settings accounts.

So to fix this I changed his password and then he went to check the mail. Then it gave the error that there was an incorrect password and gave options to go into settings. In settings, there there was a remove account option.

He removed the account and then was able to add it back and it showed up and everything was working. We then changed the passwor back to the original password.

Hope this helps some people out.

He called Verizon and they had him add the two back as pop accounts but I think pop accounts don't do push email and they also get more spam that is filtered using the yahoo email account selection.

campbellshotrods

Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved? I have a very similar problem, and it's driving me up the wall. Ever since I "upgraded" to Gingerbread, my phone has not been updating Yahoo email. I can go into the inbox to manually retrieve it, but that's not how it should be. I would set it to 15 minute retrieval intervals, and turn push on, but nothing would work. Then I made the huge error of trying to remove and re-add my account. Once I did that I lost all my old emails. The folders will not sync either, so I only have my inbox and trash folders. ANNNDDDD... I cannot receive Yahoo emails AT ALL. I can try and retrieve it and it will not get anything.

Anybody have ANY suggestions?

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
im haveing the same issue with my aol mail i keep getting errors and i uninstall and reinstall and the same thing happens a few days later i evern tried a factory reset

Malhanon

Reaction score
This works!

My Dad on his Droid X has two yahoo accounts that were set up selecting yahoo under the add accounts. After updating to Gingerbread his accounts were giving an invalid certificate error. He hit retry and eventually it fixed this issue and I think both of his accounts started working but, one account did not show in the account list under, settings accounts.

So to fix this I changed his password and then he went to check the mail. Then it gave the error that there was an incorrect password and gave options to go into settings. In settings, there there was a remove account option.

He removed the account and then was able to add it back and it showed up and everything was working. We then changed the passwor back to the original password.

Hope this helps some people out.

He called Verizon and they had him add the two back as pop accounts but I think pop accounts don't do push email and they also get more spam that is filtered using the yahoo email account selection.

I have been pulling my hair out to figure out how to get my Yahoo! Mail to work again on my phone.

I did the following:
1. Change your yahoo password to some temp password, just don't forget it!
2. Access you message box, got to yahoo mail, hit update if it does not do so automatically.
3. Wait 30 seconds to a minutes for the service to time out and give you an error.
4. Click on yellow warning triangle. The Droid will ask you if you want to go to settings, hit "Settings" button.
5. Choice the delete account button.

6. Go back to Yahoo Mail and edit your password to whatever you want, even the old password if you like.
7. Go back to your phone and messing and then add a new account. Add a yahoo email account.
8. Fill out all the info and VIOLA! Your back in buisness!

Good call Elroy! Good call indeed!

bobalston

Reaction score
I also have this problem. any better solution that that above of change the password, then go to the edit option after connection fails and delete the account on the Droix?

Bob