Missing something.......

Mrwiley78

Reaction score
Can someone answer this...... How is it that my daughters phone (LG ALLY) is now running 2.2 and the Fascinate is not? Am I missing something?

Sent from the phone that makes iPhone users jealous!

OP
Mrwiley78

Mrwiley78

Reaction score
But she has a Chevette while I have a Corvette!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah but the people that run the auto shop for the corvette take extended breaks in the back and knock off early.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Mrwiley78

Mrwiley78

Reaction score
Very good Daniel-sun, very good!

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Sounds like a personal problem and this topic is pointless.

8pened!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's not really a personal problem per se. It's a valid issue why the ally got froyo before the fascinate.

tappin and a talkin

Jamis0n

Reaction score
The ally is unrelated to Samsung who currently holds the software and determines release with the carriers. LG being a separate manufacturer and their own ability and decision towards its devices doesn't matter towards other manufacturers products. Its company planning and their decisiveness to determine such actions. Not the fact that a worse phone has a software update even not performing better than ours without the software makes a legitimate arguement which is why I posted such of a comment.

No reason to be jealous of other phones who have software when the galaxy s line has the fastest and best hardware in single core processor categories. When speaking about dual core its comparing apples to oranges. The phone is getting it and everyone is too impatient.

8pened!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The issue is that lg was somehow able to find the time to update the ally to froyo while good ol sammy drags his heels. Yes they're different devices from different mfgrs but that's kind of the point. Samsung should be taking notes.

tappin and a talkin

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Look how long the ally had debuted. They deserve the update that is out. In the other topics there has been converse about the touchwiz being so customized that it needs to be extensively worked on. Its the first of its kind and like every first there are common issues of it needing time.

8pened!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll give you that to an extent but that doesn't negate the fact that they still have yet to release froyo when they should already be working with gingerbread, as in getting it ready for release. It's a little ridiculous considering end galaxy s users are about to be two OS updates behind the rest of the group.

tappin and a talkin

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
Samsung also has nearly twice the amount of Android powered devices to maintain... And as it was said earlier, the Ally is still far behind the Fascinate.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I'll give you that to an extent but that doesn't negate the fact that they still have yet to release froyo when they should already be working with gingerbread, as in getting it ready for release. It's a little ridiculous considering end galaxy s users are about to be two OS updates behind the rest of the group.

tappin and a talkin

I understand the reason being behind in OS is frustrating but GB has only been out for a little over a month and other devices aren't seeing it til later in the year for process because Google doesn't want to hinder it flagship. Its a race to get it first but of course the community is going to be faster because its by "when I get this done" instead of companies stating, "we should have it done by this time" which of course wasn't successful along the lines of froyo rumors from reps to miscommunication to other countries receiving it before us which was explained before tthe release in the UK. I can say that I would like to have immediately but tthe phone suffices for now. Seeing one of the GS phones getting I would see it in a bit aswell. Along the lines of GB from our carriers are pretty distant in timeline wish. Devs are donated for this issue and we need to support them as much as we can.

8pened!

bluevolume

Reaction score
I think we've sufficiently beat the dead horse. At this point it looks like a pile of ground beef and ratty hair.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I think we've sufficiently beat the dead horse. At this point it looks like a pile of ground beef and ratty hair.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate

I'm just tired of repetitive posts of nonsense T-T..

8pened!