Missing Shortcuts?

RichH

Reaction score
I set up shortcuts for our frequently called phone numbers, complete with pictures for each person. My wife did something and they disappeared from the home screen. How do I get them back?

SallyC

Reaction score
If everything else is there (ruling out your wife installing another launcher) I guess you just have to re-install them. I don't know of any "trash" type folder where you can undelete them.

But the question is, what did she do???

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you using the stock launcher and was the the "quick contacts widget"...if so, just long press on the screen and select widget and then scroll down to "quick contact" and select.

If you were not using the widget, you can also long press - select shortcut - quick dial and then select your contact.

OP
R

RichH

Reaction score
Thanks for the guidance. I don't have a clue what my wife did (& either does she). I'll give it a try.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Good luck and keep us posted :)..

OP
R

RichH

Reaction score
Thanks again. It worked well and the phone call widgets have returned. The only annoying thing is that they are now just above the "Voicemail, Email, Browser, Market" icons, instead of at the top of the page. I tried dragging them up, but they don't stay there. Not the end of the world I guess.

SallyC

Reaction score
They should stay there providing there's nothing else on the row. Can you drag them there but they're not there when you come back or can you not get them to drag and stay?

OP
R

RichH

Reaction score
I can't even drag them up. When I do, I get the option of adding more phone widgets, but the line does not stay at the top when I go back to the main screen. This isn't a huge problem, just annoying.
They should stay there providing there's nothing else on the row. Can you drag them there but they're not there when you come back or can you not get them to drag and stay?

SallyC

Reaction score
I can't even drag them up. When I do, I get the option of adding more phone widgets, but the line does not stay at the top when I go back to the main screen. This isn't a huge problem, just annoying.

We're talking about the Favorite Contacts widget that you can swipe and open it from a 4X1 to full screen and add more contacts, right?

If so, then I think it's how you're grabbing it. With it closed, try pressing firmly between the 2nd and 3rd contact (so it doesn't open up) and then drag it.

Does that work?

OP
R

RichH

Reaction score
Thanks SallyC. Duh!! I can program a complex spreadsheet or fly through Photoshop with relative ease, but simply dragging some icons properly seemed to be beyond me. Your suggestion worked perfectly. Thanks again.:biggrin:

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks SallyC. Duh!! I can program a complex spreadsheet or fly through Photoshop with relative ease, but simply dragging some icons properly seemed to be beyond me. Your suggestion worked perfectly. Thanks again.:biggrin:

Haha, I know just what you mean! Don't ask me to do anything but data entry on a spreadsheet! :p