Missing Sent E-mail

BIrONIC

Reaction score
I know this is a long-shot, but last night, I spent like 10 minutes typing out a long e-mail message on my Bionic while watching TV, and then sent it.
However, now I can't see it anywhere....not in Sent folder. I checked in the actual e-mail account, looked in every folder, and it's not there.

Of course, I will be able to check in with the person I sent it to and find out whether or not it ever actually got to them, but I want to see the 'sent' item on my end.

Is there any chance that messages sometimes get stuck somewhere else in some secret folder or anything like that, or is it probably just gone?

Thanks.

bigkhan

Reaction score
Did you check both the "sent" and "outbox" folders?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Did you check both the "sent" and "outbox" folders?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yep. Not there either. I checked every folder.
Is there a place I can get into (it's rooted) that shows a log of what's been sent, etc?

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Uhg!!!!
This problem continues to happen, and it's just maddening!

Does anyone have any idea where I can look to find these d@mn missing sent messages?

Where are they supposed to be stored by default in the first place?

gsDroid

Reaction score
Are you using Gmail or some other e-mail? Whichever you are using, be aware that some have the 'option' to save a copy of sent e-mails that you have to select to enable. Check all settings in your e-mail client for something like that.

OP
B

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Are you using Gmail or some other e-mail? Whichever you are using, be aware that some have the 'option' to save a copy of sent e-mails that you have to select to enable. Check all settings in your e-mail client for something like that.

Well, I currently only use the default, built-in e-mail tool. However, at one time in the past, I did install and try K9. I suppose it is possible that, when I stopped using it, I forgot to completely disable it. I will check on it later this morning to see if that may be something going on here, and report back...