Missing/Permanently Damaged Music Recognizer

Korrupt

Reaction score
I've been having the most peculiar problem ever since trying to upgrade to CM7, nightly 0/2. I upgraded to CM7 yesterday, only to find two huge problems-inability to find music on my phone (more on that later) and an inability to usb mount (apparently a common issue). After putting up with this for a while, I finally used my nandroid backup and flashed back to CM6.1. Now here's the issue: my CM6.1 suddenly lost the capability to find music on my phone as well. I can access the music manually with root explorer, but the music itself cannot be found. Likewise, my Gentle Alarm application no longer can find the music. After doing some research, I think something happened to my MediaProvider.apk, which is listed by CyanogenMod Wiki as an essential file. It's still there (I checked), but I think it's tampered with somehow accidentally and is now broken.

To cut straight to the chase, how do I fix this? Can someone give me a link to another MediaProvider.apk? Since my phone is rooted, do I need to flash a .zip of it into my phone? Basically, is there any way to get back fully functional music w/o hard resetting my phone. Thanks in advance, I would dearly appreciate any help. I searched thru google and apparently this problem has never happened before.

Some hardware specs if necessary: Running FroYo on CM6.1 Stable, w/ incrediblek #28 kernel.

OP
K

Korrupt

Reaction score
Just a little bit of further clarification: I am almost 100% sure that it is the MediaProvider .apk that is giving me problems, because ringtones are down as well.