Missing My Genie Widget

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Blur has a Weather Widget and a News Feed widget, they just aren't combined into one like the Google one.

Though, I use the Google Reader app for my news needs.

brkshr

Reaction score
Blur has a Weather Widget and a News Feed widget, they just aren't combined into one like the Google one. Though, I use the Google Reader app for my news needs.
I mainly use the custom news topics that you can set with genie widget. Google, Android, Droid Bionic and Droid X are all news columns for me. I also like the weather graph.

locofocos

Reaction score
Their weather app looks nice, but I like having the project day temperatures on the home screen. Living in alabama, I'm concerned with how hot it's going to be, not how hot it is at 8 am :) As for the news app, the old news app feels easier to use. I don't have any news sites in particular that I browse, I just use the news app (which pulls from google news I assume). Even for someone used to command line tools and multiple operating systems, manually having to add RSS feeds to get the default news app to work seems like a bit of a hassle.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Use Google Reader and it's synced whether you view the news on your phone, PC, etc. ;)

brkshr

Reaction score
Their weather app looks nice, but I like having the project day temperatures on the home screen. Living in alabama, I'm concerned with how hot it's going to be, not how hot it is at 8 am :) As for the news app, the old news app feels easier to use. I don't have any news sites in particular that I browse, I just use the news app (which pulls from google news I assume). Even for someone used to command line tools and multiple operating systems, manually having to add RSS feeds to get the default news app to work seems like a bit of a hassle.
I agree!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Their weather app looks nice, but I like having the project day temperatures on the home screen. Living in alabama, I'm concerned with how hot it's going to be, not how hot it is at 8 am :)

It shows that if you touch it. Shows extended for the next couple of days, and if you touch Detailed it shows you hourly for today.

DukeArgos

Reaction score

Here's another link, but I have not tested it http://ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/GenieWidget.apk

i was successful in getting both to download -

snkbitten -- wouldn't install
ted.servepics -- did install -- but wouldn't run after install

i am tring on the bionic and i have NOT rooted yet.

I would like to try this widget to see what all are talking about.

thanks!!

dpw2atox

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. My Bionic isnt rooted (nor will it be till there is a SFB file leaked) and I cant just copy it over via root explorer. I even tried getting it from the latest copy of gapps but that one refuses to install.

Anyone have any ideas?

jstwondrng

Reaction score
i was successful in getting both to download -

snkbitten -- wouldn't install
ted.servepics -- did install -- but wouldn't run after install

i am tring on the bionic and i have NOT rooted yet.

I would like to try this widget to see what all are talking about.

thanks!!

Yeah, I downloaded the file to my Bionic and attempted to run it using Astro. It said it installed perfectly but it won't run on my phone. I'm guessing from reading all the posts that you need to be rooted for it to work.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Ok, the second link didn't work but the first one did... thanks guys! Luvn my phone even more now :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums