Missing Market App after BB v1 Install

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by blackops, May 5, 2010.

1. blackops

blackops New Member

Was wondering if anyone would have any idea why my Market App is missing after I installed BB v1 and how I could go about getting back installed?

The only thing that I can think of is that I was coming from CM w/apps2SD. However I figured that the ROM would include Market and I could just go ahead and manually install and download all my apps again.
    But that is kind of hard with the Market App missing from my phone after I reflashed to BB v1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.
  2. canvs2321

canvs2321 New Member

i believe you might have to install gapps, do you have gmail or gtalk
  3. rebelsoul

rebelsoul New Member

I had the same problem.. I restored my previous Rom from nandroid and went into setting and clicked on the market app. It had something refering to updates and I clicked on restore original market. Sorry can't remember exactly. I did this then reinstalled bugless beast. the market then works but bb doesnt support apps2sd so my phone is nekkid ... going back to my backup
    Till it does.I.
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Hmm...not sure if this will work/if it will do anything to your phone (most likely not), but try this. Grab your update.zip, extract the files. Go into system/app, get your vending.apk, push that to system/app on your phone....highly doubt you will get a negative result, but just incase, backup your phone.
  5. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Grab it off of Titanium Backup if you have it installed...or just reflash the ROM and it should show up.
  6. blackops

blackops New Member

Thanks, I have reflashed the ROM a couple times and still no luck. I finally was able to get it to work properly but I had to wipe data/cache during my last reflash and it worked. Kind of bummed since I lost everything else but it is working now at least.

I had gtalk and everything else before so not sure what would have happened at all.
  7. peterpressure

peterpressure New Member

My market app was still present after installing BBv1, but it would not work at all. I wiped my cache partition which got it working, but the next day again, it would never fetch the market data or let me into my downloaded apps area. Just did a clean factory reset, and still my Market is kinda messed up, it can now fetch the market data, but it wont download files.
  8. Womp

Womp New Member

Yeah, my market has been lagged to hell lately period. Takes a long time to search and load. The install screens will stay all white for about a min and then appear.
  9. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Just an idea but go to Maps/Menu/more and make sure you are signed in, if it shows no option to sign in then you already are.
Search tags for this page

sprint market app download