Missing Icons

miller33541

Reaction score
I have lost icons or programs from the home and quick screen such as Media does anyone know how to restore them?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
open up the app tray and long press on the app/widget you lost. It will move to your homescreen

OP
M

miller33541

Reaction score
In some way or another I have deleted it from there also. I have no way to acess my Media icon/widget.

Fairfax Droid

Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me twice. Both times I shut down my phone, and when I turned it off, all icons on the startup screen and on other quick start screens were gone. I could still go the page which showed all programs installed, but I don't want to recreate all of my short cut icons again.

I see that this has happend to someone else but not much was said. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/11142-screens-went-blank-icons-lost.html

Anybody have any ideas? I tried to search, but did not come up with an answer.

I'm running Android 2.01 on a Motorola Droid through Verizon Wireless in Virginia.

The last time this happened, all of my icons showed up about 24 hours later. The problem was that this was after I recreated most of the icons, and the icons were one on top of the other.

UPDATE: I turned my phone off and then back on. All of my icons reappeared. I hope Android is not as buggy as Windows! :-(

Last edited:

deadbody

Reaction score
UPDATE: I turned my phone off and then back on. All of my icons reappeared. I hope Android is not as buggy as Windows! :-(

I've had this happen to me twice so far and a reboot has fixed it. Anyone else having this issue or know its underlying cause?

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you're at your desktop and all of your icons/widgets are missing, it is most likely because your phone is low on memory. running applications that slow the phone down, installing lots of apps and various other things can cause this.

you can force a fix without rebooting by force closing the home app by:

home - menu - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - all
then find home and force close. you might want to try to clear cache/data on home, if it's available.

also;
home - menu - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - running - menu - sort by size
will show you what the biggest memory hogs are. slacker radio takes alot of memory and so do other apps. force close those apps and/or clear their cache (not data) to see if that improves.

Artis

Reaction score
Too little internal ram

You're probably an app hound, like I am.

Delete all of those apps you "may use one day". Keep your menu - sd card and phone storage - available space (bottom one, under "Internal phone storage above at least 60 or 70 m, and not only will you not have this problem any more, you will also see a significant snappiness in performance.

Also keep an eye on apps that might try to run in the background, and get rid of them if they aren't really that useful.

Hope this helps, sure made a huge diff for me, like a whole new phone.

deadbody

Reaction score
You're probably an app hound, like I am.

Delete all of those apps you "may use one day". Keep your menu - sd card and phone storage - available space (bottom one, under "Internal phone storage above at least 60 or 70 m, and not only will you not have this problem any more, you will also see a significant snappiness in performance.

Also keep an eye on apps that might try to run in the background, and get rid of them if they aren't really that useful.

Hope this helps, sure made a huge diff for me, like a whole new phone.

Yeah, i figured as much. Thanks for the post. I've removed all the apps i dont use every day and ive also stopped using so many widgets :) dancedroid