1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

missing gmail account to sync

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xxwake4lifexx, Jul 1, 2010.

1. xxwake4lifexx

xxwake4lifexx New Member

I rooted my phone tonight and I'm using the 5.0.8 Cyanogen mod for the Droid. Everything is running fine, but how the heck do I get the Gmail account info stuff to come up so I can type in my info and have it sync so all my contacts come back?
  2. Sippykipnip

Sippykipnip New Member

Same issue here my man. I love BB .4 but can't seem to have gmail auto sync itself up
  3. xxwake4lifexx

xxwake4lifexx New Member

Well, for myself, I think I need to better state what I was trying to get across.

I installed Cyanogen 5.0.8 like I said, but the Marketplace is missing and so is the option to set up my Google account. Did I do something wrong? Is there something else I'm supposed to add on? I cannot live without my phone syncing my Facebook and Google!
  4. Sippykipnip

Sippykipnip New Member

Oh it sounds like when you went CM that you're missing the google apps.

Do you have ROM Manager?
  5. xxwake4lifexx

xxwake4lifexx New Member

Yes I do have ROM Manager. Just went looking through that and saw that under the Cyanogen section, there is a Google add-on package. I'll have to download that correct? Now lend me a helping hand one more time before I get to do this tonight. Right now I'm running a rooted basic 2.1. With the ROM Manager I can download Cyanogen mod and then the Google Apps add-on correct? Will ROM Manager automatically save these files to my SD and name them the appropriate file names? From there, do I boot into X+power and choose install the Cyanogen mod and then once that loads up to my phone, repeat the same process but choose the Google Apps one this time?
  6. Sippykipnip

Sippykipnip New Member

Perfect, you found it! Yes download that and it should automatically take care of itself. It's been awhile since I've done Cyanogenmod, but just download and reboot and all those apps should come up.

You dont have to do the recovery since it's already have CM flashed on the phone.
  7. xxwake4lifexx

xxwake4lifexx New Member

So even though I'm not actually running cyanogen mod right now I wont have to go all the way back into recovery?
  8. Sippykipnip

Sippykipnip New Member

So let make sure I understand...you did run CM last night? Then you went back to stock rooted 2.1?

If your in 2.1 just download the CM and then it will automatically reboot. Then you have to have ROM manager in CM to add the apps again. Not sure if that will be there or not. See what I dont like about CM is that the google apps are missing when you do the flash. Along with string of other problems that I had with it, I decided to stay with Root 2.1. Your best bet is to BB or Jrummy Kangerade, so you wont have to deal with that mess.
  9. xxwake4lifexx

xxwake4lifexx New Member

Okay so I'm running Ultimate Droid ROM and have Set CPU installed. I go to download a kernal to OC from Chevy1, but there are like 10 options. How do I know which one to pick or does it matter? Is it just trial and error? I ask because SETCPU won't let me OC past 600Mhz.
Search tags for this page

accounts and sync missing

add gma contacts to cyanagen mod 10
add google account is missing from accounts and sync

android accounts and sync google missing

android cianogenmod 9 contact google sync

android gmail account missing

cyanogen calendar not sync with google
cyanogenmod add gmail account
cyanogenmod gmail contacts sync
gmail missing from add account android
gmail syn o android missing