Missing files

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Jonrack, Jul 30, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Jonrack

Jonrack New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did something really stupid. I tried to move some files from the sd card to a folder on phone storage. Well during the process, my droid x locked up. I was forced to pull the battery. Now, I cannot find the files on the sdcard or the phone. Is there any way to recover these files?

I wish I would of done copy/paste instead of moving the files. :mad:
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +353
    Oh gee, this is a tough one Jonrack but all is not lost (oops, believe it or not, that was not supposed to be a pun intended). You probably already know this but they are somewhere through the between the phone and the intended folder on the pc. Some may be actually broken but not all. You could first try to do a search for them from your pc, searching both your pc and phone. There are file recovery programs you could try and should be able to recover any you can't find through search via that method. It actually has been successful for some. See the following thread for one of the success stories.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/217619-can-anyone-help-files-gone-3.html#post2203321