Missing Contacts, Missing Files, Computer wont recognize phone, etc, etc, etc...

johnaferraro

Reaction score
Where to begin...My X2 is rooted with TB, SET CPU, and Ive deleted quite a bit of bloatware (not froze it...and I did find out later that they all could have been frozen instead of deleted which, my phone may have needed). I didnt have any problems others than VZ Back Up Asst force closing the second you tried to open it. At which time I switched to the gmail back up. However it didnt back my contacts up from VZBUA, and I went to the BUA webpage to view my contacts, and it shows that theyre isnt any contacts in it. Havent had any problems with it since rooting it which has been a couple months Id say. Now last night and today, I had moved some files in the files app to my sd card (messaging downloads and music downloads), then slowly I started losing my contacts to where Im left with nothing other than my facebook contacts and A few that I had added later. Im wondering if maybe I had moved the wrong thing, accidentally deleted something I needed, etc. I restored every single back up file I had on TB, and didnt have one set up for my contacts...imagine that...LOL. I tried plugging my phone into the computer today and it wont install the driver and the error message says...MTP USB Device...Failed. My questions are...IF, I accidentally deleted some files, is there a way to recover them like the recycle bin on a computer? I dont have a system back up on my phone so I cant do a system recovery. I dont know if I trust google really has my paid apps backed up, so if I do restore it, then I can get them back. I know they just came out with a bootstrap for the X2, however, I dont know enough about the subject to jump into something like that, without having it explained in detail and clearly to me...Ive already deleted all that bloatware that I should have just frozen and made a couple of n00b mistakes during my learning process. It almost seems like it would be easier to start over, and then at least I could update to 2.3.4. Thankfully, my situation is more of an inconvenience than a bricked disaster, however, I still want to learn what Im doing, I want to be able to contribute to the site and just users in general. So any help or opinions would be great. Thanks guys (and girls) ;)

OP
johnaferraro

johnaferraro

Reaction score
**update**

I went ahead and backed up my phone with TB, and did a factory reset. And I had set my TB backup folder to my sd card. Only to realize AFTER the factory reset, that the location for the backup was the "sd card" and not the "sdcard-ext". I knew the difference between the two of those locations, guess I just didnt double check to make sure. Also, Google synced back some, not all of my apps. Most of my paid apps. I Still have the driver problem. Updated the driver in the Device Manager of my computer and it says I have the latest version of the drivers already. It says that It cannot start (code 10). Still dont know what happened to my contacts that Verizons "amazingly safe" Back Up Assistant lost. Am I surprised that the Big Red messed something up and couldnt fix it afterwards? Not even a little bit. And the biggest disappointment after the hard reset.......Still cant update to 2.3.4. OTA. Now Im gonna focus on learning about flashing ROMS, bootstrapping and things of that nature. If anyone has a link to a good n00b tutorial on that, it would be much appreciated. I know theres quite a few in the forums, and I am going through them. THX EVRYONE FOR A GREAT FORUM

03civicdx

Reaction score
Out of curiosity why do you have set CPU? I thought there wasn't any kernel for that yet?

Sent from my liberated X2.