missing contacts help ...

njshor

Reaction score
CompanionLink did a great job and got all 1800 contacts into my Milestone….

Now I am sure the problem is with the Android phone as I did not sync anymore but yesterday I had all the contacts in … used the phone all day and was not able to charge it.. it went dead and today I noticed all contacts and call logs are gone

I have the MENU Accounts and Sync -> my gmail account -> sync contacts ( and it is turned off ) … contacts are the only thing I synced with CompanionLink.. ( even says that the last contact sync within gmail was 3 days ago –

I also check around in other forums and could only find that I should my contacts app ( not from the marketplace ) .. -> menu -> display options and hit the small arrow next to my account which gave me the choices
+System group
+Blank ( but I could check the box )
+All other contacts ..

I checked them all but still could not find the hidden contacts..

I thought they should be saved on my SD card but via the app ASTRO to see the folders I still cant find anything…

There is nothing in my online google account ( which is good because I do not want them there – and is why I used your USB sync option

I have a 8 gb card .. and 5 are free .. I do have a number of apps and the motonav system so I really cant tell how big of a size the the 1800 contacts would be …

I appreciate your help and am trying to remain factual and not show how frustrating this is .. the I have to trust that the phone will keep my data and not just delete it of send it out to who knows where..

I really do not think that this IS NOT a companionLink issue but Any thoughts ?? help would really be appreciated
user_online.gif
progress.gif

clcto

Supporting Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.companionlink.com
njshor, I'll have the team look into it.

In the mean time, I would run the sync again and see if it restores all the data.

It looks like you checked every logical thing. One key is to NOT synchronize the same Contact list both USB to PC and also Wireless to Google. Synchronizing the same data to two different spots in two different ways can add complexity.

We've seen cases in Calendar development where CompanionLink didn't write data properly, and the Android OS then deleted it. That's one reason we haven't released sync to the onboard Calendars. However, I've not heard of that problem affecting Contacts.

Try synchronizing again, and if you want, resetting again to see if the reset was a factor. We'll be running the same tests here to see what we can find.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
www.companionlink.com