Missing Clock app

ajohn7211

Reaction score
I'm running Sense rooted 2.3.3 and after getting my phone set up similar to 2.2.1, i've noticed that my clock app has vanished. Wont open from the HTC clock widget nor can i manually open it. Has anyone else had this problem/found a solution?
I wiped data and all that and reflashed 2.3.3 and still same problem

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Something broke in Sense with the update. A lot of people are having the same issue. I had to download an alarm clock app at midnight last night because my clock was gone. This happened several days after the OTA update so it doesn't really make sense why it just up and disappeared. Hopefully they will make the app available again soon. I liked having all of the options that were in the clock app with just a touch of my screen.

ystava

Reaction score
The thing is... I know the app was there for a couple of days after the update because I used it... and now it is gone.... which implies that it's something else.

OP
A

ajohn7211

Reaction score
I found another forum with the same problem and someone said they just got off the phone with HTC and that they are aware of the problem and working on a fix, but no eta as for when we would actually get it

OP
A

ajohn7211

Reaction score
possible solution

found a possible solution for this problem, but its not for everyone because ROOT IS NEEDED

step 1) make sure you have root
2) TI backup everything
3) Factory reset (do it a few times to really clear everything out)
4) before downloading anything else, download TI backup
5) make a backup of the clock app (and everything else while youre at it for good measure)
6) start restoring your apps
7) you'll notice your clock will once again go missing
8)open TI backup again, go down to the clock app, it should be slightly blueish
9) click on it, the top middle option is "Defrost", click it.

i did this this morning and its been back all day

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
i did a factory reset last week and still have my clock app.. waiting for the day i expect my alarm to go off but it doesnt..

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
My wife just got her DINC2 with 2.3.3 and the clock app is working just fine. I kinda jealous because I used most of the options in the clock app. My phone is all set up and I cringe at the thought of having to do a factory reset just for that app. I downloaded "better alarm" and it works just fine so far.

ystava

Reaction score
I have been using the "Digi Clock Widget" which isn't that glamorous or nice looking, but you can launch apps of your choice by tapping on it... so I have it set to launch an alarm clock, calendar, and weather bug. I just have it set up for a clear background... wish there were a few more font options.

Functionally, I like it better than Sense.

Derrill

Reaction score
Try this. Might work, might not, but worked for me after my clock app exhibited same or similar issues after Gingerbread update.

Go to phone "Settings," select "Date &Time," deselect "Automatic" checkbox (i.e., turns off time server sync).

Now go check and see if everything back to normal re clock. Whether it is or not, now go reselect the "Automatic" checkbox to turn time server sync back on. If your clock app went back to normal after deselecting "Automatic," it should retain after reselecting it again.

If the above works for you, then you may need to use this process again in future as it appears the clock issues also can happen as a result of installing / uninstalling apps.

Good luck!

beaton3344

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Only thing I did was install - uninstall apps. Like mentioned above. I had to do a factory reset. But going to try mentioned above with clicking automatic on and off. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

111086sr

Reaction score
Derrill said:
Try this. Might work, might not, but worked for me after my clock app exhibited same or similar issues after Gingerbread update.

Go to phone "Settings," select "Date &Time," deselect "Automatic" checkbox (i.e., turns off time server sync).

Now go check and see if everything back to normal re clock. Whether it is or not, now go reselect the "Automatic" checkbox to turn time server sync back on. If your clock app went back to normal after deselecting "Automatic," it should retain after reselecting it again.

If the above works for you, then you may need to use this process again in future as it appears the clock issues also can happen as a result of installing / uninstalling apps.

Good luck!

Where were you 7 months ago Haha