Missing Camera?

JMT_Cam

Reaction score
Background: Brand spanking new Droid Bionic, rooted, installed all of Th3oryrom's excellent roms, went to install something new and accidently formatted system when I shouldn't have, recovered my phone using the boincfastboot method, reinstalled [R3]BLURR3ed 1.7

Whats wrong: Everything is running fine (except battery drain) except now I do not have the camera or recording app. When I go to my gallery and try to start the camera from there I get a FC error within the gallery apk.

What I would like to know: Is there a way to fix this? do I need to return to stock and start over? do I just need to reinstall the camera apk?

Thanks in advance!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Others have corrected this by reinstalling the rom with multiple wipes. I seem to recall one guy did it with one wipe and when that didn't work he repeated the process increasing the number wipes by 1 each time. I think he got up to 7 wipes before the camera app appears (not too sure about this but it may be worth a try). I know one other individual that did the full wipe, as though coming from a different rom, and got the camera back.

Good luck.

OP
JMT_Cam

JMT_Cam

Reaction score
I'm in the process now of multiple wipes to try and fix this.. thanks for the suggestion.

woolexs

Reaction score
Hello, sorry to ask a silly question but what is multiple wipes?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello, sorry to ask a silly question but what is multiple wipes?

In the process of flashing a new rom you are told to wipe things (dalvik cache, data, etc.). Multiple wipes is where you perform those functions more than once. The theory being that remnants can be left behind after a single wipe. I've read of some people that claim their issue with a particular rom installation was not corrected until they did "3 wipes" (for example).