Missing Apps From Battery Usage

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Skurvy_Pirate, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Recently my battery usage menu has gotten messed up. It only shows about 5 or 6 things and they are all system stuff like screen, wifi, etc. No apps show up there anymore.

It seemed to show up after installing SetCPU (probably has nothing to do with it but that is when I noticed it). I have since upgraded from BBv0.5 to BBv0.6.1 and again to 6.2 and the problem is still there. Anyone ever see this before and how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    It just might be that the apps are not using minimum 2% of the power of the battery. It won't show up on the list if it doesn't hit that mark. I don't think there is anything wrong with your Battery Usage.

3. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They are definitely being used enough to show up. I used to have around 10 on there. I play Uniwar a lot and it used to be second to screen and now it doesn't show up at all. Something is definitely wrong with it.

Sent from my Droid

4. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone ever see this? Any ideas?

5. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm...

Anyone think an app could cause this? Or would it most likely be a bad ROM install? Chances are slim for the ROM because I did a complete fresh install when updating from .5 to .6, but who knows.

6. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, after researching some more this seems to be something related to the kernel. Also, it looks like it has something to do with the phone after being charged. I read where a fresh install of BB fixed the issue, but then as soon as they charged it and unplugged it, the app usage screen never populated correctly again.

I have also read that there is an issue with SetCPU displaying "Time in State" correctly for certain kernels, and people having one problem seem to have both. So I tried installing a Slayher kernel (coming from a P3 kernel), and I am still having both problems.

I thought Slayher was basically the "stock" BB kernel? This is a weird issue but I think the two are related.

7. borq646

borq646 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is slayher's kernels in general. At least for me. They all do that.

If I use any other kernel it shows a full list under battery usage. I've brought it up here before actually I think.

8. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does it work with just BB stock for you? I think it's weird it works on first boot but after charging once it stops working (At least the app usage, not sure about the SetCPU usage).

9. borq646

borq646 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't when I was running it. No matter what ROM I use if I use a slayher kernel I get this result.

I'm running a Chevy kernel currently, no problems, great battery life, heat, etc....

10. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I will try Chevy's. It is one of the only ones I haven't haha. Does it have IPV6 support?