Missing Apps After Rooting

detacht69

Reaction score
Hi there, just got my DINC yesterday and rooted it today.. while playing with it before it was rooted, i noticed there were some cool apps preloaded such as the flashlight that uses the flashes, gallery, calculator widget, and more.. as well as some I didn't want, such as VZ nav.. Well, now that it's rooted, I can't seem to find those apps.. Any idea on what I can do to get those back?

Also, what would happen if I updated to 2.2 now that I've rooted?

Thanks

Bill Gates

Reaction score
To answer both of your questions:

Did you install a custom ROM after rooting? If so, that's probably the cause of the 'missing apps'; that ROM doesn't have them installed by default. To get them back, I'd either suggest looking in Rom Manager for some of the applications, or flashing a new, clean (unrooted) build, then rooting that.

If you were to upgrade to 2.2 from your current ROM, it'd most likely remove root (Superuser Permissions).

OP
D

detacht69

Reaction score
hmm, i followed this tut: [video=youtube;lJAWcJmS3Wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJAWcJmS3Wc]YouTube - Droid Incredible - One Click Root[/video]

Unless there's a custom ROM included in the unrevoked 3 root, then I didn't install anything after i rooted cept for some apps from the Market.. It seems the LED flashlight, gallery, and calculator widget are exclusive to 2.2.. It seems like I'll just have to wait till that is able to be rooted.

I guess my next step is to see what custom ROMS I could install now.. Any suggestions?

thanks for your response!

Bill Gates

Reaction score
Thanks for providing additional details. If you're interested in custom ROMs for your Droid Incredible, I'd absolutely recommend downloading Rom Manager (if you haven't already) and installing Cyanogenmod 6. You'll love it.