Missing app shortcuts from home screen fix

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by fenrisswolf, May 31, 2011.

1. fenrisswolf

fenrisswolf Member

Well, I don't know if this is a GingerBread specific issue or not, but I started to notice it in the first leak of Gingerbread I installed, (.573) and it seems to carry on to .596.

It took me a little while to figure out what was really happening, since I do not shut down or reboot my phone too often, (unless I'm installing ROMs or something. :)) But I started to notice I would occasionally be missing an app shortcut or two on my home screen. It would always be the same app, and I could add it back without problems, but it would be gone again semi-randomly after a couple of reboots.:icon_eek:

I eventually figured out that those apps were installed on my SD card, and that they were not being placed back whenever I mounted or unmounted my card as a portable drive, and then rebooted the phone for some reason.
    I moved them back to the phone memory, and that solved my issues. dancedroid

So now I'm posting this here, in case it can either give a good chuckle to our more experienced members or help some other newbie like me with the same issue.
  2. jfoust

jfoust New Member

THANK YOU!!!! This was driving me nuts! I never had this problem until I went to the OTA Gingerbread, and I couldn't figure it out.. Seemed to always happen to the same apps, but I couldn't figure out why.
  3. calguy19

calguy19 New Member

Agree with jfoust. Was driving me crazy too. Thanks for the fix.
Search tags for this page

android app shortcut missing

android application shortcut missing
android apps shortcut missing
android calendar shortcut disappeared
android lost application shortcut
app shortcut missing android
apps gone on droid x
fix disappering shorcut apps
fix lost android app shortcut
fix shorcut dissapear from homescreen android
lost all the application shortcut in android