Missing app in Market app?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I was browsing the online Android app market on my computer (market.android.com) and decided to see if an Android version of one of my favorite games of all time was available yet, so I searched for "Katamari." Lo and behold, I got several live wallpapers, and what looked like the game itself, but with all Japanese characters for the description! (https://market.android.com/details?...mRhaW5hbWNvZ2FtZXMud3d3LmlMb3ZlS2F0YW1hcmkiXQ..)

I eagerly opened the market app on my Droid, typed in "Katamari" in the search field, and... nada. Only the wallpapers, no game.

What gives? Why can I find this in the web market, but not the market app to actually download/install it?

Reaction score
The market on the web will show all apps and games. But the market through your phone knows what phone you use and only shows apps that are compatible with your device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
The market on the web will show all apps and games. But the market through your phone knows what phone you use and only shows apps that are compatible with your device.

Oh. Well that explains it. Crap.

Anyone with a Droid RAZR know if I Love Katamari runs on it? I'm thinking of upgrading, and that would be another plus...

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I wonder what Android devices it does work with. Tablets, I'd assume...