Missed Texts/Calls with MIUI 1.28

dawg55

Reaction score
I've read on the last two builds people have been experiencing issues with not receiving text/calls. I never had experienced the issues myself until this past weekend with build 1.28. A friend had sent three text to me Saturday and I didn't receive any of them. I then used my brothers phone to text my phone as a test and didn't receive the text. I also texted myself from my phone and didn't receive anything. Its strange because it seemed to be working fine the past few days and every build before that has seemed to work fine. Every time I update/install a rom I do a data/cache wipe, wipe dalvik cache, and format boot, system, data, and cache. I've also tried *228+ and it didn't seem to help. I am using the stock Miui MMS app.

It doesn't seem like everyone is experiencing this issue but I'm worried that I've been missing texts/calls. I've switched to Liquid Gingerbread for the time but I really like the feel, look, and performance of MIUI. Anyone have any insight to this? cause I would really like to come back to MIUI but its a peace of mind issue of receiving texts/calls right now

Thor0906

Reaction score
I've been having those same issues. Apparently my droid goes through long periods of time without getting txts. But i still have service.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ramos

Reaction score
it happened to me too and I realized that it happened when I was doing 3g stuff like surfing the web or something. maybe its having trouble switching to 1x for texting - I dunno know. sad cuz I switch to bb. I miss my miui

djssupp

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any of you folks with missing SMS/Calls are using a kernel other than the one that comes with MIUI. I just tried out a P3 kernel and during the boot processes I fired up `adb logcat` to watch what was going on. A few minutes after coming back up, and watching the logcat data stream by, something caught my eye:

D/MIUI_Mms( 1202): New SMS Message Received
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): Exception dispatching message
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.telephony.SmsMessage.getOriginatingAddress(SmsMessage.java:468)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.checkFirewall(SMSDispatcher.java:694)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.dispatchPortAddressedPdus(SMSDispatcher.jav
a:675)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.CdmaSMSDispatcher.processCdmaWapPdu(CdmaSMSDispatche
r.java:336)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.CdmaSMSDispatcher.dispatchMessage(CdmaSMSDispatcher.
java:162)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.handleMessage(SMSDispatcher.java:311)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:870)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:628)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
D/MIUI_Mms( 1432): [1] 短信接受被拒绝, reason:2

It says that I received a new SMS, but nothing on the phone showed that I received a message. I don't know who it was that may have messaged me, but that is a bit unnerving.

I'm restoring my nandroid backup from just prior to applying the P3 kernel, and will be sending myself an sms shortly to see if I get the same logcat output.

EDIT-
Back using the original MIUI kernel, and I receive SMS just fine - no Java exceptions or anything. Hmmmm...... Anyone else care to comment?

djssupp

ramos

Reaction score
stock kernel. so it doesn't like my problem. I don't think my problem is the as the op, I say that cuz mine is intermittent.

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Same here. Used both stock and a handful of other kernels and I had the problem on all of them.

napes22

Reaction score
Same issue for me. It sadly happened today on my birthday (womp womp). I got an email from my parents why I didn't respond to their text....then I realize I hadn't gotten any.

I was using the Slayher kernal, went back to the normal Miui kernal and I started receiving texts again. Kinda worried it's going to break again, but we'll see what happens.

OP
dawg55

dawg55

Reaction score
I have used the stock kernel, slayhers, p3, and Jam's kernel. When I noticed it wasn't working I was using a p3 kernel

OP
dawg55

dawg55

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any of you folks with missing SMS/Calls are using a kernel other than the one that comes with MIUI. I just tried out a P3 kernel and during the boot processes I fired up `adb logcat` to watch what was going on. A few minutes after coming back up, and watching the logcat data stream by, something caught my eye:

D/MIUI_Mms( 1202): New SMS Message Received
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): Exception dispatching message
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.telephony.SmsMessage.getOriginatingAddress(SmsMessage.java:468)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.checkFirewall(SMSDispatcher.java:694)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.dispatchPortAddressedPdus(SMSDispatcher.jav
a:675)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.CdmaSMSDispatcher.processCdmaWapPdu(CdmaSMSDispatche
r.java:336)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.cdma.CdmaSMSDispatcher.dispatchMessage(CdmaSMSDispatcher.
java:162)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.telephony.SMSDispatcher.handleMessage(SMSDispatcher.java:311)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:870)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:628)
E/MIUI_Mms( 1202): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
D/MIUI_Mms( 1432): [1] 短信接受被拒绝, reason:2

It says that I received a new SMS, but nothing on the phone showed that I received a message. I don't know who it was that may have messaged me, but that is a bit unnerving.

I'm restoring my nandroid backup from just prior to applying the P3 kernel, and will be sending myself an sms shortly to see if I get the same logcat output.

EDIT-
Back using the original MIUI kernel, and I receive SMS just fine - no Java exceptions or anything. Hmmmm...... Anyone else care to comment?

djssupp

Is it possible that MIUI's Messaging application is the issue? I believe they built their own Mms.apk and its not based off the source Android Mms.apk (correct me if I'm wrong) or is the issue deeper? I would really like to come back to MIUI and I''m going to try the next build but I text a lot so the texting has to be working for me to use a rom on a daily basis.

doctorunk22

Reaction score
Missing SMS messages

I had the same issue, but with two other roms the past few days. It might be a network problem rather than a rom problem.