Missed calls

Dolfan

Reaction score
My Droid does not show me a missed call list, or I dont seem to find a missed call list, if a person calls me and doesnt leave a message, I dont know they called, is there a missed call part of the call log Im not finding?

Bob

JCo352

Reaction score
It will be a different symbol by the name in the call log.

Edit: And missed calls will be in your notification bar also, until you clear them.

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
It will be a different symbol by the name in the call log.

Edit: And missed calls will be in your notification bar also, until you clear them.
I will have to keep an eye on the notification bar cause Ive had peeps call or said they called and I aint never seen anything that showed they called, The other day I had a message on my voice mail but no call back number left wanted to call em back but could find no missed call number list to show me the number of the person who called.

Bob

PS I mean if a person is not in my address book and they call me, it wont show their numbe your saying just peeps in my contact list?

Skull One

Reaction score
My Droid does not show me a missed call list, or I dont seem to find a missed call list, if a person calls me and doesnt leave a message, I dont know they called, is there a missed call part of the call log Im not finding?

Bob

Without knowing your phone's setup, I am going to guess you are clocked at 125mhz while in sleep mode with a custom rom.

rjax

Reaction score
Actually I'm pretty sure you need an this app Missed Call for Android 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain or something like this app to put a missed call notification in your notification bar.

I also just came across this app, which seems like a really good idea: Missed Call Volume Control - Android app on AppBrain
Here's the dev's description: Sometimes you don't care if you miss a call. But when you get a lot then someone is definitely in need of you. For example an emergency call in the night.

This app will increase the volume after every missed call, decreasing the probability of missing the next. It's also optional to enable the vibrate option.

JCo352

Reaction score
Actually I'm pretty sure you need an this app Missed Call for Android 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain or something like this app to put a missed call notification in your notification bar.

I also just came across this app, which seems like a really good idea: Missed Call Volume Control - Android app on AppBrain
Here's the dev's description: Sometimes you don't care if you miss a call. But when you get a lot then someone is definitely in need of you. For example an emergency call in the night.

This app will increase the volume after every missed call, decreasing the probability of missing the next. It's also optional to enable the vibrate option.

I don't have any apps for that, that is a standard feature of Android.

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score

I didnt find it to be a standerd feature anywhere so I downloaded missed call to try out..

Bob

Addie

Reaction score
Yeah, that happens to my phone sometime. After a low battery it will replay any missed calls from a while back to make sure you got them. But when you go to check them they don't apply anymore so it doesn't show. And no, when the phone is off you don't get missed calls. I hate that about it! You best bet if you want to know about the calls is to put it on silent. It rings for the caller but not for you so they can still leave a message and you still know they called. And when it is on low batery it probably will ring. I've never heard of it not ringing but it might not have enough power to ring you know? Okay then well I hope all this helped!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have any apps for that, that is a standard feature of Android.
+1 -- I refer to the missed call notification in the notification bar all the time to see who called. If there was no coverage or something you might not get such a notification.

Skull One

Reaction score
Or if you are at 125Mhz on certain ROMs while in sleep mode the Droid will miss calls and/or SMS/MMS completely because there is too much system load for the OS to respond to the hardware interrupt in time.

dolpns13

Reaction score

Bob

Missed calls show (well with mine at least) on my notification bar at the top. Drag it down and you'll see the number, then click on it to make the notification go away

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score

Bob

Missed calls show (well with mine at least) on my notification bar at the top. Drag it down and you'll see the number, then click on it to make the notification go away

I never have seen a missed call message, I had a call the other day, it went to voicemail and thats the only way I knew there was a call. I was glad the guy left his number, because in my call log it was like he never called, his number didnt show up in the call log as calling, so I wouldnt of had a number to call back less he left in in the voice mail for me..so I needed something to tell me of the missed call encase surtain people didnt leave a call back number in their voice mail...

Bob

JCo352

Reaction score

Bob

I never have seen a missed call message, I had a call the other day, it went to voicemail and thats the only way I knew there was a call. I was glad the guy left his number, because in my call log it was like he never called, his number didnt show up in the call log as calling, so I wouldnt of had a number to call back less he left in in the voice mail for me..so I needed something to tell me of the missed call encase surtain people didnt leave a call back number in their voice mail...

Bob

Do you have good service? Because if I don't have service, sometimes I don't actually get the call. And if you don't actually get the call, then of course the phone isn't going to tell you, you have a missed call. If you don't have good service, maybe try *228 option 2, if you do have good service, and aren't getting calls, I would contact Verizon, to see if they can remedy the issue, or give you a different phone.

OP
Dolfan

Dolfan

Reaction score
Ok,
I have to correct myself on this, after more playing around with the Droid, It does show me incoming calls, If the phone is left on to recieve them, I have now remembered that the paticular call I am wondering about and missed and it did not show on my call log went right to voice mail, I remember now that my phone was off and that is why it didnt show me a call back number, my bad, I have now unistalled the app missed call and using the droids stock setting for this..

Thanks

Bob

sublimewade

Reaction score
Missing phone calls. Notification lets me know I've missed them but it isn't ringing? Any ideas

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums