Missed Calls - no on screen notification

strat68

Reaction score
I was about to ask, possibly, the dumbest question ever asked on this forum. But I believe I found the answer (the tiny little light near the ear port/opening).

I still think a good FAQ addition:

If you don't hear/feel the ringtone or vibration, for whatever reason, how do you know afterward that you have a missed call? I got the phone last week, and actually got myself in trouble for not returning important calls.

Since they just hand you the phone, and with no manual, and if you did not have a chance to download the user guide in pdf format.... you may not know about the alert light.

Assuming, one does not know about the alert light yet: Unless you drill in to the call log, or happen to dial *86 for another reason, you have no way of knowing about missed calls/messages.

Nearly all phones, even going back to the 90s, had a some sort of 'missed' icon on the main screen that you have to acknowledge to make it go away. So I think a lot of people expect it. For all I knew (the first time I saw it) the blinking light just indicated that the phone was on...

More research shows there's an app for it on the market, if the blinking light doesn't cut it.

okeeffm

Reaction score
I downloaded the missed call app....it gives a notification. I agree that it should be stock...rather strange.

JRogers1978

Reaction score
Look in the notification bar at the top. It should show you an icon indicating you have missed call(s). Does on mine.

roflcopters

Reaction score
Shows on mine too. It's like a little phone icon with a red arrow, or something like that. On a side note...on previous phones it has always bothered me that when you ignore a call it counts it as missed...if I'm ignoring a call I obviously know about it, therefore it's not missed. This is the first phone that doesn't count ignored calls as missed.

sengkangboy

Reaction score
i used Missed reminder. Gives u reminder pop up, led light or ringtone ( fully customisable ) for SMS , MMS and Incoming calls.

OP
S

strat68

Reaction score
i used Missed reminder. Gives u reminder pop up, led light or ringtone ( fully customisable ) for SMS , MMS and Incoming calls.

I have that installed too, the beeps and sounds work- but I don't see any pop up. Quite sure I turned on the switch for it, but I will have to poke around some more.

Regarding my original gripe about this... what if you are using the phone for business? I had the phone 3 or 4 days and had a pile of missed calls, just happened to find them when I went in to voice mail for something else.

I think it's great that the notifications can be dragged down from the top status bar. And a switchable option should be to have them down (expanded) when the screen is unlocked if a new notification is needed.

Guess I need to learn how to write apps :icon_ banana:

mikes

Reaction score
It's like a little phone icon with a red arrow, or something like that.
Yep. Looks like a phone with a red arrow bouncing off of it. You can then pull down the notification bar to get more info.

OP
S

strat68

Reaction score
It's like a little phone icon with a red arrow, or something like that.
Yep. Looks like a phone with a red arrow bouncing off of it. You can then pull down the notification bar to get more info.

Still, my point was that you have to do something to get to it. The little light only is not enough either. I think the default should be something on screen that has to be cleared (ack'd) before it goes away.

If the phone is used for business or some service where people may need your help (doctor etc.) it is very important to have that functionality and its an enourmous oversight on Moto's part to not take notifications seriously.

Sure let the user disable it if the phone is ringing off the hook for social calls. Nothing wrong with options.

Last edited: