Missed Call Reminder Apps Do Not Work

r.wade.cole

Reaction score
Hope this is not a redundant thread -- I didn't find much RE my problem when searching...
My new phone is a Droid Razr with stock Android version 2.3.5.
My old phone was an original Motorola Droid. On my old phone, I relied heavily on the "Missed Call Reminder" app, to keep bugging me when I missed a call or SMS until I acknowledged the reminder. This app runs in the background. It was very reliable.
On the new Razr, none of the reminder apps ("Missed Call Reminder", "Missed Message Flasher") will work. I can see Missed Call Reminder running in the background as a service, but it doesn't issue the reminder tones or flash the custom light colors.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Could it be an incompatibility with the Razr firmware or the flavor of the OS?
I'm not ready yet to root my brand new toy to get this feature to work :)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google made it so 3rd party apps can't deliver missed call notifications on updated android versions. The fix is to make the 3rd party app a system app.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

OP
R

r.wade.cole

Reaction score
Google made it so 3rd party apps can't deliver missed call notifications on updated android versions. The fix is to make the 3rd party app a system app.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

Hi Syndicate, Thank you for the fast reply! So, dear Forum, does this mean that I indeed need to root my brand new phone to install as a 3rd party app and get this to work?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi Syndicate, Thank you for the fast reply! So, dear Forum, does this mean that I indeed need to root my brand new phone to install as a 3rd party app and get this to work?

Actually, Pakoomba Call Reminder works for me. I am sure there are others. You simply have to keep looking.

OP
R

r.wade.cole

Reaction score
Actually, Pakoomba Call Reminder works for me. I am sure there are others. You simply have to keep looking.

Hi FoxKat, I tried Pakoomba, but it doesn't seem to nag me with intermittent audible tones if the phone is just laying somewhere and I forget to check it. "Missed Call Reminder" was perfect for this purpose. I wonder why Google decided to cripple it? I will keep searching...

OP
R

r.wade.cole

Reaction score
Easy Reminder

Easy reminder works for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Hi Sublime,

You are right! So far, Easy Reminder is working! I tried pretty much every other alternative app, but guess I skipped over Easy Reminder. Wonder what is different about this app that allows it to work with the updated OS?

Thanks for the guidance!