Missed call notification light (blinking green light)

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
I have posted this before but no one answered. I have looked through the motorola user guide as well, no luck.

Am I wrong or was there a blinking green light for missed calls when I first picked the phone up? I could have sworn there was one and now for the last couple of weeks I don't see anything after a missed call. Any info will be appreciated.

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
I have posted this before but no one answered. I have looked through the motorola user guide as well, no luck.

Am I wrong or was there a blinking green light for missed calls when I first picked the phone up? I could have sworn there was one and now for the last couple of weeks I don't see anything after a missed call. Any info will be appreciated.

I think mine blinks green for an email notification. Not sure what the LED is for missed calls if there even is one.

OP
BoxcuttaStyle

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it does for email/sms/texts/google voice but I could have sworn it did for phone too. If there isn't anything for phone it doesn't make sense. I know I enjoy not having to unlock etc my phone just to see if someone called.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I happen to observe this the other day. I didn't take a call and the phone went to a solid light (green) after the missed call. I then went to voice mail and picked up the voice mail. I'm not sure if the solid green light was for the missed call or the voice mail.

OP
BoxcuttaStyle

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
I happen to observe this the other day. I didn't take a call and the phone went to a solid light (green) after the missed call. I then went to voice mail and picked up the voice mail. I'm not sure if the solid green light was for the missed call or the voice mail.

Now we may be onto something. I also use Google Voice for my voicemail instead of Verizon. The transcription is still terrible but I like being able to play the message w/o dialing in and entering a PIN etc.

I will remove this tonight and see if this solves the problem.

Newton122189

Reaction score
search for "Missed Call" or if you have a droid or n1 "Missed Call for Android 2.0" its an app on the marketplace and it does exactly what you are asking about

edit: there is no native led notification for a missed call but the app will take care of that, mine blinks red :)

Last edited:
OP
BoxcuttaStyle

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
Thank you. It's funny because if you ask people this question they just assume it does without a separate application. Now I know and will use the application for now. I wonder if this will become 'standard' with the next update? One can never tell.

Thanks again.

zero7404

Reaction score
i can't find ANYTHING on the internet as to what the lights mean....the other day mine turned solid red when i inserted the battery and the phone began to boot without pressing the power button.

the light is there, but there's no descriptions or what it means when it blinks and when......

anyone ?

acetwo

Reaction score
yeah mine doesn't blink red after a missed call anymore

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
get an app called missed call.

stock lights"
blue = facebook
green= email/ text?
red= low batt

it never blinked for missed call, ever.

zero7404

Reaction score
so what does solid red during power-up mean ?

nellyjones

Reaction score
I have read here that the red blinking light means low battery, but it blinks when the battery is fully charged. I think it means that it isn't getting reception. When I walk to the window it goes off.