Missed Call App not working with 9.8

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by Jester6x, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone else having a problem with the missed call app with the 9.8 build? I like having the different LEDs and sounds for text messages.

Thanks

2. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's wrong with it? Can you provide a little more info. It might be easier to diagnose.

3. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Certainly. I usually only use it for text messaging. I have it setup to have different LED colors for different people and different sounds for different people. Right now whenever someone text messages me, neither the LED nor the sound are played. If I switch back to the standard messaging notifications, it works fine.
    When I installed I did a clean wipe back to factory and an SPRecovery install.

Thanks

4. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, after the installation how did you "restore" Missed Call? I know that when I restore Missed Call using Titanium Backup my settings screw up and I end up having delete the settings and set them up again. Did you try that? Long press on the setting and remove them then set them up again. Yeah it's a pain in the arse but it worked for me lol.

5. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not sure if this helps but the comments for this app have many saying 2.1 has issues with it.

6. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the responses guys. I did it with Titanium Back up, so I will give it a try without the Titanium settings.

7. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that's def a possibility, but I haven't had any problems yet. I think it might pertain to stock phones but I'm not sure lol
    Definitely try removing the settings for some reason Missed Call doesn't restore correctly with Titanium Backup (this was a PIA when I was flashing ROMs like crazy lol I almost went insane setting things up over and over lol).

8. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That worked! Although thats the one I would really like to have from Titanium Backup, but thats ok, lol. Have you tried using the backup through the Missed Call app, will that work when switching ROMs?

9. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What version ROM did you come from? Titanium seems to work for me as long as your cautious on what settings you restore. you could try another backup since your on 9.8 now and see. Just back up your apps now then remove missed call.then use titanium to restore or and see what happens. I did notice that titanium doesn't like the native version of busybox in 9.8 I had to let titanium down load a known version of bust box for it to use by going to the problem button in the app.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm I think that should work but for some reason I'm not entirely confident about that lol.

Search tags for this page

missed call app not working

missed call app not working on droid

missed call app not working right