1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Minor problem with Droidmod 1.0

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Silverwing, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Silverwing

Silverwing New Member

Hello everyone,

I wasn't sure where to ask on this forum, so I figured there may be tech savy people here who could help me out. I am expierecning a few problems with my droidmod 1.0 and I have not been able to resolve them on my own.

• The first problem is that when I set a live wall paper, it does not appear and my old regular wall paper remains in the background. When I lock the phone, the live wall paper appears on the lock screen but as soon as I unlock it, it reverts to my other wall paper. I have not been able to find out why this is.

• My second problem is, when I hit the android clock I get the little screen which resembles dock mode: displaying time and weather. For some reason, the phone is unable to display the temperature in this mode - even though I have the weather/news widget installed, which does in fact display the weather. So I am unsure what is causing this problem.

• I have two music apps installed (not from the market) and I cannot uninstall them. I am not sure how to do this, I can't see them in the manage applications tab even when I set it to display everything.

• When I try to use the email application to log me into my yahoo email address, it always gives me an error message that I have entered the wrong password (which I triple checked, twice) and I am not sure why this happens and how to have it accept my yahoo email.

Thanks in advance for somebody who knows the solution to my problems =)
    :icon_ banana:
  2. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Did you to a data wipe when you flashed the ROM?

The weather is a known issue, sometimes doesn't fully display, sometimes displays Celsius. I have not had any problems with Live Wallpapers (yet)
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Yeah, these sound like the funky problems I have whenever I change ROMs and dont wipe /data completely.
  4. mjones1052

mjones1052 New Member

Are you using sweeterhome or any home replacement? That lock screen thing sounds like a problem you will see using a home replacement and trying to use a live wallpaper. For certain ones anyway.
  5. Silverwing

Silverwing New Member

The yahoo email thing actually seems universal, it was happening when I was running vanilla 2.0.1

I also did wipe data, before I flashed it.
  6. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

The music apps are installed in /system, you'll need to mount r/w then manually delete the files. I recommend Root Explorer, its what I use lol
  7. Silverwing

Silverwing New Member

They are called MixZing Lite and Pure music widget. They came with that dark rom i flashed on my droidmod.

So I should manually remove them? Is the system folder on the SD card or the internal memory? Is there any sort of registry that one should worry about? Or does android not work like that?
  8. spyder560

spyder560 New Member

Just installed this mod also. It seems pretty smooth so far. My only gripe is with Beautiful Widgets. Now when I click on the clock it doesn't launch the alarm clock settings. Weather is fine, calendar is fine. Not sure if there's a fix for this??
  9. Silverwing

Silverwing New Member

Yeah it launches deskclock and mine won't display the weather! argh.
  10. imdevo1

imdevo1 New Member

11. grhomes

grhomes New Member

Accounts and Sync Setting Issue

Has anyone had any problems clicking Accounts and Sync in the Settings Menu? Every time I click that menu, my phone blacks out and resets. I understand there are risks/bugs involved with using a custom rom, but one would think the droidmod rom would allow you to click on something like that without an issue...Any ideas?
  12. Humpa

Humpa New Member

If having issues, it is often best to do a complete system and data wipe and reflash.

But seeing as ese53 2.1 is out, there isn't much use in DM 1.0. I'd recommend using one of the ese53 roms instead - much better rom. And if you are going to do a data wipe anyway, might as well switch to 2.1 while you are at it. You can download titanium backup and backup your Home and your apps if you want - that'll save you some time.
  13. Anj

Anj New Member

I was having this issue trying to get contacts to sync with google (menu > accounts inside contacts)... oh well, I just installed the 2.1 ROM released yesterday and got it working like a charm, so oh well.
  14. Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin New Member

Rather than start a new thread I'll kind of hijack this one. I have had DM for a couple days now. Here are 2 "bugs"/weird things that are happening to me.

1. My back/menu/home/search lights along the bottom don't always light up or go off while I am using the phone. I have done a couple battery pulls with no luck.

2. When I use the stock browser, it opens up with the Google search page and it immediately turns on the GPS and it will not go off on its own when I close the browser.

I have setcpu at 800.