1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Minor but important update to custom recovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tdawg5480, Dec 21, 2009.

1. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

Just seen this havent seen it post and with several people playing around with 2.1 and getting bricks copying files to nandroid restore I thought id post this as custom recovery has a newer UI for selecting nandroid backups.....will save some time and less dependency of having sd card reader if you brick as you can choose different nandroid backup. apparently the .14 versions are going to be more user friendly ie naming backups which for me will be a godsend. Enjoy http://www.sholes.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/recovery-0.14.0.img couretsy of www.sholes.info
  2. JonKyu

JonKyu Beta Team

Thansk for the heads up. Its getting harder and harder for me to resist wanting to root and flash a rom.
  3. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

i wouldnt load the custom rom just yet...patience i couldnt resist root, busybox, custom recovery, framework and launcher mods but this one I can resist because I demand full functionality and rather I just sit and wait and enjoy the handful of useful things I got thanks to rooting. If you do give in before the bugs are worked out I say this to you and everyone BACKUP and save a copy on your sdcard on your pc and even email yourslef the file(s) as a attachment so its on a server in case your pc bites a big one. I even made a text file of all the mods I have done so I can reverse the process if I want to go oem and for some reason the oem fails due to a modded file. Enjoy
  4. CKyle22

CKyle22 New Member

Works perfectly! :D
  5. Sidewind

Sidewind New Member

Im using the 2.1 rom..and havnt had anything not work yet..GPS. MMS. Nav. all my apps..everything works just fine