Miners

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
What an awesome job getting the miners up to the surface and back to their loved ones. It was inspiring and I couldn't help being touched by the emotions.

/disengage soapbox mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
What an awesome job getting the miners up to the surface and back to their loved ones. It was inspiring and I couldn't help being touched by the emotions.

/disengage soapbox mode.
Absolutely, first estimates were they would be out by Christmas and they got them out more than 2 months earlier than that. Just an unbelievable job by all parties involved. Couldn't help but be captured by the moment as each miner surfaced. Great great story.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, first estimates were they would be out by Christmas and they got them out more than 2 months earlier than that. Just an unbelievable job by all parties involved. Couldn't help but be captured by the moment as each miner surfaced. Great great story.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

I'd say it's the greatest rescue story since Apollo 13. Truly an amazing sight to see.

I don't know if any of you caught it but one of the guys wasn't greeted by his wife of 20 some years. It was his long time mistress. Just found that part kind of amusing.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[)[/quote]
I don't know if any of you caught it but one of the guys wasn't greeted by his wife of 20 some years. It was his long time mistress. Just found that part kind of amusing.[/QUOTE]

Sad.. but that the part i paid most attention too

:icon_censored:

ballbanter54

Reaction score
I agree! What an inspiring story. It is really cool to see such a positive story. It seems like all you find on the news is bad news. I applaud the recent coverage of the miners and think that it is a breath of fresh air in a "bad" news world.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you caught it but one of the guys wasn't greeted by his wife of 20 some years. It was his long time mistress. Just found that part kind of amusing.

yeah i heard about that. apparently 4 of the guys had a wife and a mistress.

also did anyone see what they did if anyone receives any money from interviews and such?

they created a joint fund and any money that is gained from endorsements or interviews goes into this fund and all the miners split it equally.