Milestone slow and laggy, what to do?

xderia

Reaction score
I did just update to 2.1, but that did not help, still very slow.

Anybody else notice this?

How can I find out what is causing this? I don't want to reinstall.

What can I do to make the phone as fast as it was when it was new?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What apps do you have installed? More often than not when a phone gets laggy, you have two or more apps not playing well together.. give us a list and we'll work from there

ShadowDancer

Reaction score
Go to market and download a taskiller, kill any tasks that you don't want them running.:droideris:

xue

Reaction score
get root explore n delete unwanted apps from ur phone

brendanmurphy

Reaction score
I had this problem i downloaded the 2.1 telus spf restored and rooted and my phone is faster then 2.0.1 but when i used the motorola updater my phone got extremely slow.

Axiol

Reaction score
Hum, so, I'm not the only one ... My Milestone is slow too, not smooth at all ... Even after the 2.1 updates and all apps killed ...

Reaction score
The reason is because Milestone is a sucky phone.

It wouldn't be a problem if we had an unlocked bootloader, but Motorola wont do that.

Axiol

Reaction score
Look at the overclock solution, it's a good beggining :)

yuggyp

Reaction score
I got so fecked off with my milestone I wiped it and installed minimal apps

Its acceptable now but I still wish I hadn't bothered

Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh!?

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Guys Guys I got a TelusM with 2.0.1... and running extra fast and smooth with the overclocking @800Mhz and haven't seen any extra battery issues so maybe try that...:)

Hopefully one Day we can get the Bootloader unlocked...

pointdexler

Reaction score
Hey, anyone got this problem? All my icon on my homescreen have disappeared!! I have to switch my milestone on and off before the icon show up on my homescreen again...

rudie_techie

Reaction score
There is a way to make your motorola milestone mind bogglingly faster. I have this phone to and i did this. Well it was just an experiment to make it dead, but it didn't go dead and instead started working more faster. Get any gingerbread CM7 based rom which has app2sd support (I use Iceandfire CM7 ROM). Once you're on CM7 gingerbread rom, go to setting > Cyanogenmod Settings > Application > Check "Allow application moving" and then select the second option which says Install location > Here select "External" Now download Jrizzill MOD v3.0 : Now reboot your phone into recovery and get into open recovery. Now update your phone using the jrizzill mod and clear dalvik cache and cache. Do not clear data. Now reboot the phone. Get a simple task killer and end all the applications running. Get AWD Launcher (I use AWD Launcher EX) and set it as default. Move all the applications that you are to move to sdcard. Reboot your phone once again and you're done. You will notice that before installing Jrizzill MOD there were few inbuilt apps which you were not able to move to the sdcard. Hope this is useful. :)
I really dont have any idea how it is working faster but it is!! It was a mere accident!! :)

Well if i have posted in a wrong section, Mod, please move it to the right section. I tried this on purpose after the first time and it works! The phone works faster even when only 30MB RAM is available. So might be it can help some one here... :)