Milestone - recovery mode procedure

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hatanakaf, Jan 14, 2010.

1. hatanakaf

hatanakaf New Member

Hi guys.

Been sweeping all around the net to find an answer to this and came up with nothing... so, sorry if this looks like a dumbass question.

I live in brazil and just got my hands on a brand new milestone. Just so you know, from the carrier, I had to pay aprox US$ 380.00.

Anyway, let me stop talking about the problem of living in brazil and get to the point: the milestone came with the OS on the 2.0 version and I'd REALLY like to update it to the 2.1 version/root it.

To get to that, I know that I have first to root it and update it to 2.0.1. OTA or manually. The thing is that OTA is not working ("the servers are not responding" or something like that) and, to my disgust, the recovery mode access is not coming up.

I'm holding the "x" on the hard keyboard altogether with the on/off/lock waiting for the "!" screen to show up. But it doesn't. It just goes through the normal wake up sequence.

No, I'm not letting go the buttons. I'm holding then all along the moto screen. Even tried the power + cam button procedure – which came up with the same result.

So, do any of you guys know a way to find out what the appropriate buttons are? Is there anyway I can read and interpret the programming code to find out how to access the recovery mode screen? Or is there any app that will just restart the milestone in the recovery mode automatically?

Just a reminder: a can’t get to the recovery mode. Therefore, the mobile is still unrroted. Also, the milestone has somethings differente from the droid you guys must know (not sure what the diferences are).

Thanks for wasting your time reading my essay, but I know that you are good guys and care for the poor living in the underdeveloped countries.

Would you care to adopt a hungry (to root/update milestone)? :)
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. Newton122189

Newton122189 New Member

you can always reboot into recovery through adb
  3. hatanakaf

hatanakaf New Member

Hey Newton, tks for the fast reply.

As I'm a nb to this programing stuff, it took me a while to figure out adb.
    Anyway, as I insert the code, it states that the access is denied.
    Around the net it is said that it means the mobile is not rooted.
    Since I can't get to the recovery mode, I can't root it.

Any ideas?

Best regards!
  4. ChongoDroid

ChongoDroid New Member

I feel ya...

Instead of holding the "x" key hold "power" button and "camera" button until you see a picture of an exclamation mark + animated phone. When you see this hold "up" on the volume rocker and then press the "camera" button. This should bring you to a list. From there its up to you... hopefully this helped :D
Search tags for this page
droid milestone recovery
droid milestone recovery mode
how to enter recovery mode milestone
milestone 3 recovery mode
milestone enter recovery

milestone recovery

milestone recovery mode

milestone x recovery
milestone x recovery mode

motorola milestone recovery

motorola milestone recovery mode