Milestone Gallery apk anyone?

natty_lite

Reaction score
Does anyone have this application? I've had enough of the buggy 3D gallery. Its been giving me trouble since it leaked months ago.

I have a version that involves editing the platform.xml file, but I couldn't figure out a way to save my edits - even after using Pete's "Godmode" script. Is there a simpler solution that I can just install the file, or push it to my system?

OP
natty_lite

natty_lite

Reaction score
Ok, I looked around, and figured out a way to push the files to my phone using Better Terminal. Unfortunately, it force closes upon opening any pictures. I'm guessing there is some work to be done to make this app compatible with current 2.1 ROMs

OSX2000

Reaction score
I've got it up and running successfully on 2.1.

Got the directions HERE, but the zip file linked there doesn't have all the pieces Media Gallery needs, hence why that site reports it as being buggy. Download my attached zip with all the needed files, and it will run perfectly.

- The 3 .apk files all go into system/app/ (VideoPlayer.apk will already be there; replace it)

- The .jar file goes into system/framework/

- Modify your platform.xml file in system/etc/permissions/ to include the line:
<library name="com.motorola.aui" file="/system/framework/com.motorola.aui.jar"/>

The easiest way to install everything is with Root Explorer.

Attachments

• mediagallery.zip
    789.1 KB · Views: 499