Milestone earpeice getting hot during call

gsxr69

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a telus milestone that I purchased as soon as it came out. I have an issue that I have faced since Day 1. When on a call and the phone is stuck to my ear, Within 5 minutes of the call the earpeice begins to get hot to the point where it is uncomfortable. I have googled the issue and see that a lot of people have had it, however am unable to find out what their resolution was.

My milestone is stock 2.1 update1 and unrooted. I contacted motorola and they have asked me to send it into a repair centre. What I want to know is, Is this a problem with all milestones or just those telus ones. Or perhaps I just have a bad unit. And is there a fix.

I just dont want to have to send the phone in and be without my phone for 2 weeks to get it back the same way.

ashketchum

Reaction score
Happens to my milestone too. Its the south-east asia version.

According to the "moto xprt" on this thread:
This could be caused by a poor signal strength. If you are getting a poor signal then the phone is having to use more power to send the signal to the tower which is heating the battery up.

In my case the phone gets hot when browsing the web using 3g also. And it gets VERY hot when using motonav. Battery temperature sometimes goes above 50° C when using motonav. But I have had this phone for three months now and so far it seems to be running fine.

dmo580

Reaction score
happens a lot on 3G when your phone tries to fight for the 3G signal. calling in places with better signal doesn't have this but I get this at work a lot. My solution is to just call on 2G instead.