Milestone doesnt have gorilla glass???!!!

chad_petree

Reaction score
I didnt buy a screen shield because i was told the droid/milestone use gorilla glass which makes it almost impossible to scratch the screen , WRONG my milestone has 4 scratches, and two of them are big =/ , did motorola stop using the gorilla glass with the milestone?

Knowthenazz

Reaction score
I didnt buy a screen shield because i was told the droid/milestone use gorilla glass which makes it almost impossible to scratch the screen , WRONG my milestone has 4 scratches, and two of them are big =/ , did motorola stop using the gorilla glass with the milestone?

Do you have a pic of the scratches that you can share?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nobody ever said Gorilla Glass is unscratchable. Anything harder than GG can scratch it.

ashketchum

Reaction score
My Milestone also got a small scratch near the home button within the first two days of use. It's a very tiny scratch so it can't be seen during normal use. I only noticed it cause I was specifically checking for scratches on my then new Milestone.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score

Do you have a pic of the scratches that you can share?

my cam doesnt capture them , i mean they dont show on simply sight but when the app has a white background they clearly show =(

This video made me think it was scratch proof

Dell Streak's Gorilla Glass screen: torture tested for your amusement (video) -- Engadget

Croak

Reaction score
Metal keys and ink pens are softer than GG, so they don't scratch it.

But guess what? Some types of "sand", quartz, a lot of dusty mineral **** that ends up in your pockets or in your environment can be harder than GG, and therefore able to scratch it. Which is what happened to you.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
Metal keys and ink pens are softer than GG, so they don't scratch it.

But guess what? Some types of "sand", quartz, a lot of dusty mineral **** that ends up in your pockets or in your environment can be harder than GG, and therefore able to scratch it. Which is what happened to you.

i think what happened is that the cleaning cloth i use had that little sand u mention T.T

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
i cant take this! xD maybe im too obsesive but the scratch is definitely visible, specially in white backgrounds aka the messaging app and the browser

Do u think it could have been my biten nails? i scratched my omnia with mi nails i wanted to cut my hand lol

Szadzik

Reaction score
i cant take this! xD maybe im too obsesive but the scratch is definitely visible, specially in white backgrounds aka the messaging app and the browser

Do u think it could have been my biten nails? i scratched my omnia with mi nails i wanted to cut my hand lol

Maybe you should think about cutting your nails first?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

No way. There are no fingernails known to man that are harder than GG. The reason you scratched your omnia with your nails is the Omnia uses a resistive screen. The top layer on a resistive screen is relatively soft plastic.

andrzewi

Reaction score
Scratches happened to my Milestone when phone went on the floor in the bus and that stupid guy put his shoe over it to slide it on the floor to me. Terrible help!
Now I have scratches not only on screen but also on edges of the body.
I bought protective from Otter Box and body now is protected. Unfortunately I was tipsy of the time of installing the screen protector. It went not right way and the second try made my original screen layer being bubbly in at least three spots. I gave up and now thinking if there is just possibility to buy single screen shield somewhere? Just for the price of as low as possible because body shield is very good.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
Scratches happened to my Milestone when phone went on the floor in the bus and that stupid guy put his shoe over it to slide it on the floor to me. Terrible help!
Now I have scratches not only on screen but also on edges of the body.
I bought protective from Otter Box and body now is protected. Unfortunately I was tipsy of the time of installing the screen protector. It went not right way and the second try made my original screen layer being bubbly in at least three spots. I gave up and now thinking if there is just possibility to buy single screen shield somewhere? Just for the price of as low as possible because body shield is very good.

but thats not normal use xd , and why the heck would someone put their shoe over a cellphone and the SLIDE IT ON THE FLOOR wtf!!!