1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Milestone browser?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Grey Hawk, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

Is it normal for the font to be WAY smaller by default with this browser compared to the stock one?

Also is it normal that every time you scroll or zoom, that the font gets choppy but quickly "sharpens" back to normal?

Is there anyway to put the stock browser back on too? Like have both?
  2. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

No you can't have both.

You can change the font size in the browser under settings, and yes its normal for the text to do that. Its called anti-aliasing, and it "blurs" the images and text to greatly increase the speed of scrolling around. Believe me, you dont want the stock browser from 2.0.1, it is horrible lol
  3. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

The Milestone ported browser sucks, imo.
  4. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

What are you using then? Dolphin?
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Yeah I am, but all our options suck right now in my opinion though. Dolphin has some interface issues and is full of bloat, xScope looks hideous and I don't like the location of some of their options, and Milestone is slow as hell when you are typing in a quick reply or text box on a forum.
  6. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

What browser on the droid is better? its the only one that has smooth scrolling lol
  7. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

They all suck right now to me. But Dolphin looks better than xScope and doesn't lag when I type on the forums, so I use it until something comes along better.
  8. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

milestone browser does lag when typing.. it doesn't bother me much though
  9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Drives me INSANE. I get finished with an entire sentence before it finishes one or two words. Heaven forbid you make a mistake because then you have to wait for it to catch up before you see exactly how many times you need to hit the backspace, etc.