Milestone Browser aviable for DROID

mach330

Reaction score
can i just copy the apk file in my sd card and install with astro?

stanrc

Reaction score
Yes but you have to hide or delete the original one. And I think there is a lib file it needs as well, not sure if that is bundled in the apk or not.

pcm2a

Reaction score
It works great except that text input into a form or something takes 5 times the time due to slowness.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Man i would love to install this but looks way to compicated to do for me

vpshockwave

Reaction score
Thanks for spelling out the first command. Makes copying and pasting easier.

How do I delete Browser.odex though? I tried "rm /system/app/Browser.odex" and it said it couldn't find it, but I'm not a linux guru. I'm sure something is wrong with what I put.

Any help?

[EDIT] I'm using a file manager to browser around and I don't seem to have a browser.odex. What's up with that?

Last edited:

vpshockwave

Reaction score
Also trying to push the files ends up giving a permission denied error even though I'm rooted.

Any help would be great. I've deleted Browser.apk but am unable to push the new one back over.

xtreme

Reaction score
tigger can i add the multitoch without rooting my phone?

Smitty

Reaction score
xtreme, if you haven't already, download PicSay from the apps market, this will get you pinch and zoom. Its free, and works pretty good.

Last edited:

kenkamm

Reaction score
When xScope or Dolphin are installed, it's not necessary to remove the stock browser. Why is it necessary to delete the stock browser when installing the Milestone browser? I would like to try this out, but I really don't want to root just for this.

Is it possible that Milestone could be made available to non-root users, like many of the other 2.1 apps have been?