Milestone aka og droid ready to flash

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mr_silent, Feb 21, 2011.

1. mr_silent

mr_silent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, i just got my hands on a stock unrooted milestone 1 from a friend, as a favor I told him i'd get it running gingerbread for him. I've rooted the phone via Universal Androot, flashed CWM and made a backup of the stock rooted ROM. I'm planning on flashing Pete's GPA12, the phone is currently on 2.1update1, was just wondering if there was a certain path I have to take to get to 2.3.2 from 2.1.1. Should I flash froyo first? Or just flash straight to gingerbread.... Thanks in advance for your input
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SUP mr. silent. I have been foolin around with the gb roms and they still have sum bugs that need to be worked out. I just flashed P.E.v.4.2 w/ gb parts and it is running great and there is a ton of themes to. They are talking about releasing there gb rom this week. If you want to go straight to gb I dont really see a problem going straight there. As you know do a back up and if something goes wrong revert back and start over. Is he running acs or gci? if he is acs I have the mms fix for it. Let me know. Cheers from anchorage

3. mr_silent

mr_silent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it went smooth. Backedup the APN this time. I found the app APN manager in the market and it works great. Playing with some different kernels right now to see what it'll handle. Lol I almost forgot how fun this is. Anyways nice to hear from ya bro thanks for the input too.

4. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad it went good. What did you end up flashing?

5. mr_silent

mr_silent Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My bad I've been doing some early spring cleaning the last few days. I flashed GPA12 for him with the auto-overclock kernel. Wanted something close to stock cause its for his son and he doesn't want to risk brickin it. Used root explorer to hide certain apps from him. Want to test out PE 5 for myself next.

6. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just flashed it and it is pretty sweet so far. Their pev4.2 was one of my favs