Milestone 3 Support? (ME863)

Discussion in 'Maverick ROM D3' started by Daniel0524, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Daniel0524

Daniel0524 New Member

So I've found myself in China for the next six months and ended up buying an unlocked Milestone 3 (ME683) from Chinese amazon for the low low price of 1,700 RMB stupidly thinking I'd be getting a real (not that this isn't genuine motorola, it's just not the genuine Android experience) Android phone and equally stupidly assuming there would be ROMs-galore for it.

What I've ended up with is the Motorola has gotten in bed with China and their oppressive great firewall and released what can only be described as a complete and total bastardization of the Android OS. I've got no Market, no Google apps, no way to get any Apps in English. (And before anybody goes off on me about "well you should have known China blocks Google" I'll have you know this isn't the case. They block G+ and some Google search resultes and apps, but the majority of it is fine)

Basically, I'd do anything to be able to use something - anything else. I realize that these ROMs are built for CDMA Verizon phones, but I was wondering if anybody knows of any options for me. Best, and thanks.
  2. linuxgator

linuxgator New Member

Search for people using the XT860, it's a GSM version sold in Canada (as well as a few central and south american countries), looks like the hardware specs may be the same, it may be possible to flash the rom from that on the ME863, but don't do it based solely on my word, since I don't know if it will actually work.
Search tags for this page

cm 10 for milestone 3 cdma

cyanogenmod 10 motorola milestone 3
cyanogenmod for motorola milestone me863
cyanogenmod moto milestone 3 me863

me863

me863 cm10
me863 cyanogen mod

me863 rom

milestone 3 roms

milestone3 update
motorola me863 mini rom