Milestone 2 - Yay or Nay?

dmo580

Reaction score
Given most of our experiences with the MIlestone 1, I think many are like BARF.

The DROID got far better development because of the unlocked bootloader. Now with the DROID 2 locked down and the Milestone 2 probably almost identical, at least we're in the same boat together right?

What do you guys think? Obviously 256 mb => 512mb RAM is huge because the DROID/Milestone were notorious for running out of memory. Internal storage is always a plus.

Obviously I can't justify an upgrade because unlocked phones in the US cost an arm and a leg, especially when I need a Canadian import to get 850/1900, so we'll see... but the Milestone 1 is increasingly frustrating as I see more and more good widgets but my memory is dwindling like no other :(

ashketchum

Reaction score
I do not like the new design and colors. By design I mean the look and placement of the camera lens on the back and the ugly looking lower part of the bezel. I prefer the design and the black and gold colors of the original Milestone.

They should have just changed the keyboard and the internal specs like processor, memory, etc. Should have kept the design same as the original Milestone. I understand that some people didn't like the black and gold colors of the original Milestone so they could have offered it in both the new colors and the original black and gold colors.

I am going to wait for a better looking landscape slider from a different manufacturer.

Reaction score
I do not like the new design and colors. By design I mean the look and placement of the camera lens on the back and the ugly looking lower part of the bezel. I prefer the design and the black and gold colors of the original Milestone.

They should have just changed the keyboard and the internal specs like processor, memory, etc. Should have kept the design same as the original Milestone. I understand that some people didn't like the black and gold colors of the original Milestone so they could have offered it in both the new colors and the original black and gold colors.

I am going to wait for a better looking landscape slider from a different manufacturer.

The design is 95% the same? The rounded the edges some, added the lip to the screen half to equal the length, and made it blue/silver

The camera lens is basically the same, they moved it 2cm up and made the glass cover reach the outside of the phone.....

Really all they did was change the keyboard and the internal specs. Most people dont even notice i have a different phone, even when they are playing with it