Milestone 2.1 on Droid?? Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by dlupien, Mar 22, 2010.

1. dlupien

dlupien New Member

So after waiting for the 2.1 update to rollout via bigred nad hearing all about how its been rolled out in the EU and HK, Im wondering if it would be possible to manually update the droid using the same update. I would assume that it might have a problem with the CDMA radio but is there a way to make a hybrid of sorts? (mixing the 2.1 update with a radio file for cdma?) I know when I used to mess with BB OS files you could compile the radio files from different os's into others. Anyone have any insight on this? Can someone maybe point me into a program of sorts that will let me do this? Thanks :)
  2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Man, don't even touch that crap. Its locked down tighter than heck.
  3. dlupien

dlupien New Member

:sad: ugggh i figured as much .. So far bugless beast seems to be the best to go with right now. Although I am tempted to try the senseui port from greek despite its troubles. Anyone know of a super good rom to use while I wait for 2.1 ?
  4. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

IMO?

Cyanogenmod. The code is newer than anything the other devs are doing, and newer than what will be released OTA.

Just MAKE SURE you download the google apps with it. So much trouble because people don't realize they need those.

Grab rom manager from the market.