MIKRADLE's Supporting Vendor Section is Here!

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by DougDroid, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougDroid

DougDroid Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
  2. cuskit

cuskit New Member

As the inventor and fabricator of MIKRADLE, I'd like to thank DougDroid as well as the rest of the staff here at droidforums.net for the opportunity to offer this product to the membership of these forums.

To date - this forum has been the driving factor in the escalating sales and wonderful reception I've had to my introduction of this cottage business I started just a scant two months ago. I've made a ton of great friends here through my sales, and look forward daily to the warm and gracious compliments I've received for both the quality and service I've been providing.

MIKRADLE started out as no more than just a wish for a dock that I could leave my cover on while charging - it was a real pain in the butt removing it each time. I put up with it for about two weeks before deciding I had to take matters into my own hands. There was nothing available anywhere that would do as I wished for - and so I followed my instincts which had never failed me before.

I own and operate a custom woodworking shop here on the Jersey Shore. So I had all the equipment and no-how to put into play the the start of initially just my desire for a cradle for myself. Upon completion of that - I realized (through prompts from friends and family) that many others would probably enjoy this product as much as I did myself. I made the decision to go into production, and MIKRADLE was born!

My first prototype took a couple of weeks of fine tuning before I got it to perform to the point that I desired. It had to be light, but strong. Of course - constructed of wood. The first one was red oak - a favorite wood of mine. Along with the installation of a heavy duty magnet, I was able to easily induce the Multimedia Mode as per the inherent structure from Motorola. Recognizing that many people might prefer a matching wood to their furniture (desks, night tables, coffee tables, etc.) I quickly moved into four available models - oak, cherry, mahogany and walnut. These were all solid, kiln dried hardwoods, the cherry and walnut having a complimenting stain applied. The other two have clear finishes - seven coats of hand rubbed catalyzed lacquer to be exact.

To say this venture took off with a bang is a mild statement! I initially constructed only two dozen MIKRADLES before starting my advertising. Caught with my pants down - I had orders for more than fifty within the first week. Yikes! I scrambled to get more completed, working through the night for two days straight. I breathed a sigh of relief that I was able to get those out in a timely fashion. Then some medical emergencies in my family reared an ugly head, slowing down production. My client list was fantastic - I notified them of the reason for the temporary delays, and they had me in tears with the heartfelt support and patience they showed. I'm very grateful for all the kind words and support I was shown during that period of calamity.

Meanwhile - the orders started to really come in steady. From there it has never slowed down - each week the orders have grown at an increasing rate. As did the feedback coming in - I knew after the first dozen compliments that I was onto something here - building something with my own two hands (well, I do have some pretty neat tools and machinery) that was accepted with as much appreciation and enthusiasm as my full sized custom cabinetry. I can't begin to tell you how much satisfaction I get when completing a nice project and realize it was a creation from within my heart - much more than just banging together a few wooden parts.

Moving forward - the demand for black was eminent, and so that was added to the lineup a few weeks ago. A steady and best seller for sure. I've got a lot of other new stuff on the horizon, and with a little bit of luck and more hard work - you will all begin to see this stuff trickling in over the next few months.

Doug was gracious enough to offer me a Supporting Vendor position here, and I want to thank him for that as well as the support of many others, including RinTinTigger and CerealKiller. Some of the other mods have purchased my product and I'm pleased at how well they've spoken to me of it.

For now - I'm going to end this introduction - but I'll be putting a lot more here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mikradle/23788-mikradle-simply-does.html in the coming weeks, as well as pix and videos. I'm almost completed with a dedicated website, which will also keep all informed of progress of MIKRADLE as well as a venue for purchasing.

For the moment, orders can still be placed through eBay - just type in the word MIKRADLE and you'll find the different available models with ease. Payments go through PayPal. Be aware that custom colors are available - several buyers have taken advantage of this fact and requested exact matches for their furniture. This I did with no reservations - I wish for all owners of MIKRADLE to be completely happy with it, and keep adhering to the policy of keeping my customers happy in every way possible!

EDIT: See here for ordering and pricing info: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mikradle/80837-mikradle-model-lineup-price-list.html

I've shipped to just about every state now in the nation, including Alaska. I've also shipped to Canada, France, Germany, England, Spain, Japan and Australia. So you could say I've got an international thing going here! ;)

So - once again - thanks all! It's been a pleasurable trip getting to this point, and I look forward to moving ahead with even more enjoyment! mike
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  3. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

I hereby officialy welcome cuskit as supporting vendor of droidforums.net
    I am glad you made it here cuskit, and absolutely love the MIKRADLE !!

Thanks for being here!
    Tigger
  4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

I bought one from ebay the first day you posted :D Luv it!
  5. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Yes you did! TheeCigarman beat you by just a couple of hours for being the first to buy a MIKRADLE - you were the second! And a real doll for taking a chance on this simple woodworker! ;) And you both bought a cherry MIKRADLE. Probably the most beautiful one in the bunch!

Guess I just had a hunch back then that I'd be smoozing one of the future official staff members here! I was quite impressed with the way the members filled several pages when you became a mod.

By the way - I think of you every day I drink my eight bottles of Poland Springs water daily. :)

Thank you kindly for all the compliments you've bestowed on me! You and Geoff kinda paved the way for the rest to just dazzle me and give me this big swelled head I carry on my shoulders. :) mikey
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  6. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.