MIKRADLE - It Simply Does... The Dock Where All Covers Are Accepted

Discussion in 'MIKRADLE' started by cuskit, Feb 17, 2010.

1. cuskit

cuskit New Member

MIKRADLE
    The Ultimate Smartphone Docking Experience!

THE CHARGING STATION THAT
    DOES NOT REQUIRE REMOVAL OF YOUR COVER!

PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA

WHAT IS MIKRADLE
    A beautiful, hand crafted work of art, MIKRADLE is an heirloom quality stand, designed with the sophisticated Smartphone owner in mind. Filling a void in the limited variety of offerings for dock platforms, we have engineered an attractive and solid resting station to securely display most Smartphones and Apple iPods. Its smooth lines, softened edges and rich colors proudly proclaim it a formidable and pleasing exception to the droves of cheap black plastic stands presently available. Because Smartphones are so fragile and given the potential for damage, owners are at a loss exactly what to do with them when not on the move. We have now given you the option of placing your Smartphone in a solid cradle that displays your screen properly and safely. Be it placed on your night stand, desk, coffee table, bath vanity or kitchen counter, MIKRADLE is the answer for those looking for distinctive taste coupled with the warmth of subtle wood tones or solid colors - hand rubbed and lacquered to blend with any decor, style or design.

WHY USE
    MIKRADLE
    Don’t live in a world of untidy chaos, wherein your Smartphone is tossed and lying in harms way somewhere around you, or carelessly thrown in some obscure location! You now have a hands free option to have your touchscreen in sharp view whenever a call comes in, or when you need to glance over and see the time, weather, or checking your e-mail in-box. Why have it hidden in a purse or stuck in your clothing pockets, or inconveniently strapped to a belt holster? Or perhaps hidden under a pile of papers on your desk?
    MIKRADLE ensures that your Smartphone will always be exactly where you need it most - highly visible and within easy reach of your hand. Yet its timeless beauty will not detract from your tasteful room settings. Many users wisely purchase a few, so that there is always one handy, positioned just where you need it most - at home or office. Place one on your patio table, leave one on a bookcase, or on a nearby table when settled down watching tv, or at night - lying in bed - secure in the knowledge that while you sleep your Smartphone is always accessible and safely presented nearby. Let MIKRADLE provide you with the security and ease of mind knowing no damage will incur while you toil away at your job, as it sits securely and comfortably within reach, the touchscreen always perfectly tilted for easy viewing. Enhance your executive status at work when others see your wonderful selection of choice buying MIKRADLE as it resides in perfect harmony on your desk for all to see. Surfing your browser, using your speakerphone or playing a game? With your Droid placed solidly on MIKRADLE, you'll find all fingers free to navigate your way around the screen or perform other productive tasks. It also makes a perfect gift choice for loved ones, relatives, coworkers or friends.

FEATURES OF MIKRADLE
    MIKRADLE has been engineered to display your Smartphone (automatically turning on the Multimedia Mode for the Motorola Droid) and/or used as a charging cradle. It requires the use of a MicroUSB Cable - the original cable that came with your phone. We also will supply a 6' cable with each order for an additional fee - see "Payment" below. A well thought out design includes fashionable utility cutouts for ease of all cable routing. Cables are easily installed or removed as necessary to either charge your battery, connect to your computer or utilize an audio cable (not included) for external speakers or earphones. When used with a Motorola Droid or Milestone, an audio hole has been accurately positioned for the its built-in speaker - allowing for full booming sound, unlike other stands that muffle the sound as the speaker gets blocked.. A magnet has been strategically installed to guarantee that when placing a Motorola Droid in MIKRADLE, it will automatically switch to the multimedia mode - no messing with tabs, buttons or software screens. The magnet takes advantage of a built-in Motorola design to ensure that your Droid switches to the multimedia mode seamlessly and effortlessly. And when lifted off MIKRADLE, your Droid will switch back to normal mode - automatically with no additional steps needed.

SELECTING
    MIKRADLE
    MIKRADLE is available in 5 different colors - black, mahogany, walnut, oak and cherry - to enhance the decor of any room. Each MIKRADLE has been hand rubbed to enhance its rich natural colors. A very hard and enduring catalyzed lacquer finish with multi-coats is used to ensure its long lasting beauty will resist scratching, nicks and abrasions. Virtually no maintenance is required to maintain this beautiful finish. Should you wish to have a custom color made for personalized use, please contact us, and for an additional, pre-notified fee, we can fulfill your wishes. Be aware that up to a five day lead time may be needed for custom orders.

Our Current Colors are (left to right):
    Cherry, Mahogany, Oak, Walnut and Black,
    [​IMG]

COVERS AND
    MIKRADLE
    Covers, skins and sleeves on your Smartphone
    are usually not an issue when placed on MIKRADLE, and their removal is usually not necessary. Most covers are easily accommodated due to the unique design of MIKRADLE, however, we cannot guarantee that every Smartphone cover on the market will fit. Look closely at the photos to determine if your particular cover will work, or contact us with questions should you be concerned.

The magnet installed on
    MIKRADLE as well as the audio hole pictured were designed specifically for the Motorola Droid. When ordering - please tell us your Smartphone Brand so that the MIKRADLE you order does/does not have these two features if for other than the Motorola Droid.

WARRANTY FOR MIKRADLE
    No returns will be accepted for this product for any reason unless it fails to accurately fit the description advertised here. We will replace free of charge (shipping not included) any
    MIKRADLE for a period of 90 days due to any manufacturing defects. Mishandling, abuse, water or moisture damages are not covered under this guarantee. You will be responsible for all shipping charges, either to or from your address. If you have any problems with your MIKRADLE, please contact us immediately and we will attempt to rectify any problems you may have encountered. MIKRADLE has no affiliation with either Motorola Droid or any other Smartphone Brand.

PAYING FOR YOUR MIKRADLE
    Simply send a PayPal payment to my PayPal account name: lubrich@optonline.net
    Price for all registered droidforum.net members is as follows:
    $36.99 (with 6' MicroUSB Cable)
    $4.00 (Additional for the optional 6' MicroUSB Cable)
    Shipping is FREE*

SHIPPING YOUR MIKRADLE
    We use USPS First Class for shipping. Your order will be processed and shipped within one week of your payment clearing our PayPal account, shipping times may vary depending on your location. Every effort is taken to ensure you receive your order in a timely fashion, but be aware that each MIKRADLE is handcrafted per order and thus up to a one week lead time may exist. Some inventory is kept in stock, however as stock may get depleted you may expect a slight delay. Upon PayPal payment, you will be notified of the approximate shipping date of your item.
    Free shipping is only to the Continental 48 States. For all others, please use the shipping calculator or contact us for additional shipping fees. International buyers are responsible for all taxes, duties, tariffs, etc.

CONTACTING
    MIKRADLE
    Simply email me at the following email address:
    mikey06@oponline.net
    Though we will attempt to get back to you as quickly as possible, be aware that replies may take up to 48 hours, so please be patient.

2. theecigarman

theecigarman New Member

I can comfirm that the MIKRADLE simply does!! In the world of Droid, there seems to be many cradles that don't! I am using the MIKRADLE with both the VZW cover and alternately, the Seidio extended battery and Innocase cover and each time I dock my droid, IT DOES go into multimedia station mode.

Thanks CUSKIT. A quality product from a quality guy!
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

I'm just pissed that you got to my idea first...I thought about making something like this when I found Dock Runner in the market. Looks like you've got a quality product there though, so I won't be trying to compete! Stellar work! If I hadn't bought an iHome alarm clock for my iPod for around $100 shortly before getting the Droid, I would definitely have use for one!
  4. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Geoff,

Do you mean the Seidio that hangs out the back of the Droid with the extra supplied cover? I've been trying to get one from them, so far no reply. I wanted to see if it would work on the MIKRADLE as I get many inquiries as to compatibility. It would be great to know that it does work - I wasn't sure if I needed to extend the "shelf" out a bit more for the added depth with the larger battery. Also not certain if the magnet would still work. If this is the one you use - awesome!

And thanks again for all the nice compliments! As well as you, Jonny Kansas! Sorry to steal your idea! ;) Actually - I came up with this idea out of frustration over the "other" dock I bought that wouldn't allow me to use my gel cover! I've got about four dozen sketches and five or six mock up models I created before the final MIKRADLE that you see here today was put into production. My idea was actually born on Nov 9th, 2009 - three days after my birthday, which just coincidentally was the release day of the droid - Nov 6, 2009! :) mikey
  5. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Haha! Well, rest assured I wasn't going to put that kinda thought and effort into it. I had no desire to create a quality product and was just thinking about slapping some pieces of wood together to get the job done! The more I think about it though, I might just buy one for travel...
  6. vico512

vico512 New Member

Just as I was getting frustrated with the existing offerings from Verizon, I found this product. Just ordered one off Ebay. Prying off the case was not an option to me.

Really nice effort!

- Vic
  7. theecigarman

theecigarman New Member

Mike, The seidio extended battery and Innocase extended case does allow for the multimedia engagement with the magnet. I have some pictures here,

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FhKcbCOnl8s/S25Q3ZaPqOI/AAAAAAAAApo/qwyqWJIU-hA/s144/mikradle.jpg
    and
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FhKcbCOnl8s/S25WCS78bSI/AAAAAAAAAqI/JGOtvuwaxRU/s144/2010-02-06%2021.51.35.jpg

I actually just sent the seidio battery and case back because of the inaccuracy of the battery indicator. I had to turn the phone off 3-4 times a day to reset the battery indicator. Other wise, I was happy with the way it worked. I would say that maybe the magnet would need a 1/16th adjustment out to make it a 100% engagement, but 99.9% of the time I used the MIKRADLE with the seidio extended battery and case it engaged the multimedia mode. The shelf itself is fine for holding the droid in place. it never once slipped over the edge or fell of the MIKRADLE.

8. cuskit

cuskit New Member

9. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

when did you become a supporting vendor? ;) thanks!

WHEN i find myself needing a cradle, i'll come see you
  10. theecigarman

theecigarman New Member

Mike,
    I don't know why I didn't think of recessing the face of the MIKRADLE. I would think that a 1.75" by 1.75" recess with a 1/4" offset from the magnet might just due the trick. You could even incorporate the speaker hole into it...... The measurements are just a guess. but I bet you measure twice and cut once! Me, not so much...... :) THE R&D is free today btw.
  11. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Geoff, This is why I've asked Seidio for the cover (I even asked for a non-working battery), but haven't yet received an answer. I really didn't want to buy one as I get by fine with the stock battery.. But I do get enough inquiries that I suppose I should just purchase one outright. But you have to try for the free one first, right? ;) Most of the other companies did comp me covers - all of which I sent back after asserting that they did indeed fit okay.

Measure twice and cut once? Who, me? Nahhhhh! :icon_ devil:

Thanks again! :)

Sam: Doug hooked me up here a few days ago. We actually completed the paperwork over a month ago, but my website has been holding things back - so he moved forward and set me up here! He's the best! :) And maybe you'll be winning a MIKRADLE from Tiggers contest. Or a piece of one... See my post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/23140-vote-here-show-your-appreciation.html mikey
  12. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Wow! First MIKRADLE to ship "down under"! I'd like to thank DD from Queensland, Australia for being the first MIKRADLE buyer from his country! :)
    Austrialia.jpg

That adds Australia to the MIKRADLE International Shipping list: Japan, Spain, Germany, France and England! Not bad! I'm thinking of for my website (upcoming, someday...) posting a World Photo with stars showing all countries and states where I've shipped a MIKRADLE to.

Feeling proud for a country boy - mikey! :)
  13. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

Dont forget you also got one to germany :D

Why don't u make a map in your OP, and color
    every country you shipped a MIKRADLE to in a
    neon red color

:D
  14. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Tigger,

Germany is listed.. ;)

The map on my OP - yea, I just may do that!

Now, where did I put my crayons... :) I'll wait until I've got maybe four more countries - an even ten (not counting USA). I did ship to Alaska! :) mikey
  15. cuskit

cuskit New Member

MIKRADLE now includes FREE 6' microUSB cable!

Beginning Tuesday, Feb 23, ALL MIKRADLES will include a FREE 6' High Quality MicroUSB Gold Plated 28/24AWG with Ferrite Core Cable. This cable is FREE and will be supplied with each MIKRADLE sold. I would add that at the moment our supply of cables is limited, but a new order is due in within 4 days. Any MIKRADLE ordered while this FREE cable is not in stock will have the cable shipped separately immediately upon our receiving our next shipment. Upon purchase you will be notified of cable status.

I wish to thank everyone here on the Droid Forums for their wonderful support! As such I am happy to begin supplying this FREE cable as per requests from many of our customers. :) cuskit

UPDATE: 6' MicroUSB Cables are no longer free - they require an additional $4.00 if requested.

The following is just a small sampling of the comments that make me feel proud of this very unique product I invented and build myself that has NO COMPETITION! ;)

And I can with all honesty say it's made right here in the good ol' USA! New Jersey, in fact - where my custom wood shop is located!

Real Quotes from some very satisfied MIKRADLE owners:

* Excellent Product and Superb Communication--Could not have been more pleased!

* Outstanding product!!! Fast turnaround, extremely service oriented, THE BEST!!!

* Great product at cheap price! Seller is 1 in a million - top notch customer service

* Wow! Speedy Delivery. Excellent product quality. Great communication. AAAAA+++++

* Droid owners, MUST HAVE!! The BEST seller you will EVER buy from period!!!!!!!!

* Awesome phone dock, packaging was superb, and sellers contact was excellent!

* Five Star customer service. Two thumbs up to the product and craftsmanship.

* Unique, pretty, works w/case. Better than Moto dock. Great communications. Thanx

* Nicely designed. Works perfect with my Droid - and WITH the cover on! Great!!!

* GREAT seller. GREAT communication!! WILL BUY FROM AGAIN!!! A+

* Item was as advertised. Fast shipping. Works great for me. A+ Seller!

* Very nice product for the Droid. Fast neat delivery.

* This is such a well designed product, and a top notch seller. Thank you!

* Excellent Communication...Nice product...

* Great product. Great seller. I will order from him again!

* Fantastic product! works just like it should! great seller easy to work with!

* Quality item. Would and may buy another.

* Excellent Product, Fast Shipping, A++

* Super fast shipping! Awesome product! Well made and works great w/ case on Droid

* Excellent Item - Well made and works great!!! - Fast Shipping - Recommended!!!

* Happy repeat customer - HIGH QUALITY DOCK & THE BEST, HONEST SERVICE! Awesome!!

* Great product, great seller, will deal with again...A+++++

* Fastest darned shipping I've ever seen. Beautiful product. Thank you!

* A+++. Nice product and quick shipping.

* The Droid dock is beautiful--excellent transaction+product!! You'll love this!!

* Great experience. Item exactly as described! Shipping was very fast! Perfect!!

* Great work !! HIGH QUALITY !! More than I expected in quality for price !Thanks

* Excellent product, excellent service. Highly recommend.

* Like it a lot... thank you very much

* Really nice item, would definitely recommend

* Nice work. Classy dock for Droid. Quick ship! Recommend seller!!!!

* Gorgeous Item. Arrived quickly and as expected. Thanks!

* Thrilled with purchase. EXCELLENT Seller - truly an asset to Ebay! Added to Favs

* Excellent seller. very satisfied. great communication. thanks. A++++++++++++

* Very nice! Well made, sturdy.

* Good communication. I'm quite happy with the product and the price. Thanks

* Wonderful product! Very well made. Fast delivery AAAAA+++++

* Great Product, Great seller!! You won't find this quality from imports. +++++++

* Life got in his way of shipping but otherwise fabulous

* Fast free shipping. Item as described. Thanks!

* Good product works exactly as advertised! Looks great on my dresser too!!!

* Beautifully crafted. Lovely. Perfect.

* With exception of slow shipping - excellent transaction - would buy again

* Great product...and communication

* Wonderful item. Works PERFECTLY, Well packaged

* Cool item, looks good on my desk.

* Superb quality. Excellent communication from seller.

* Excellent Workmanship...Highly Recommended!

* Excellent product. Works perfectly! Well packaged for shipping. Thanks!

* Excellent product and service. Highly recommend!!!

* Works great!

* Excellent products - goes right to desktop view - Wow - Love it! Thank You!

* Great seller, great product

* Just as described! Excellent communication! Would do business with again

* Absolutely wonderful seller!!! Highly recommend!!

* Especially satisfied with the packaging. Tks

* Great Ebay seller.. product is high quality

16. theecigarman

theecigarman New Member

Nice announcement.I think it is a great idea!
  17. RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger Premium Member Premium Member

HUGE!!! Hopefully you can invent something to really attach the cable to the cradle!
  18. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Tigger,

MIKRADLE was designed specifically for use with ALL covers. Attaching the usb cable to it would essentially begin restricting the use of some/all covers - a self defeating move. The popularity of MIKRADLE has come primarily from this freedom, and certainly has not been an issue to date. Other stands on the market are enjoying their success also due to this unrestricted freedom - MIKRADLE has kind of set the standard with this inherent design.

I've decided to include this FREE cable as many users like to connect to their computer and having a secondary cable facilitates not having to move their AC charger/cable room to room. :) mike
  19. cuskit

cuskit New Member

Update Statement for potential buyers:

Given the issues that can be had with magnets (sources, placement, size and quality), I would like to point out that all MIKRADLES have been physically tested with almost EVERY case available, and to date it works magnificently with all. No need to slide left or right to induce the Multimedia Mode, nor make adjustments in any way, shape or form due to the different sizes of covers. Thickness is totally irrelevant also - when I proudly claim that MIKRADLE "DOES", I mean that in every positive respect!

I thrashed this design around for weeks and weeks, fabricating several prototypes, cutting, sizing, changing both the design and structure over and over. It was important to take into consideration all variables, including the size, strength and placement of the magnet. I found all magnets are NOT created equal, and did not try to lower my standards with sub-par magnets. Motorola does supply a different sized magnet with their dock. But this is because it was specifically designed for use without a cover and for a Droid that would be "locked" into a precise position. It is not the one I needed for my planned purpose - to accommodate a Droid clad with a protective cover. With the magnet supplied - my MIKRADLE works. Flawlessly. No "ifs, ands or buts" about it! I did my homework well before releasing this design. No fear that you will have any adverse effects with your Droid. I measured the minimal and maximum exposure possible with magnets, and when production started - I knew exactly which was the optimum for the proper use in MIKRADLE.

I'd also like to add that I am also accommodating the Motorola cases that utilize the snap fixture on the back of the case for ease of switching from belt clip to car mount. I offer a modified model (at no extra cost) that has provisions for the snap that protrudes out the back of the case cover - enabling owners to leave their "snap" cases on when placed on the MIKRADLE. Should any owner purchase this Motorola cover after receiving their MIKRADLE, all they have to do is ship it back to me and I will modify it or exchange it (for free) and ship it back (at my cost) to you! Again - NO NEED REMOVE ANY COVER with my product!

It can't be more simple than this - casually place your Droid (covered or naked) onto the MIKRADLE. Multimedia will appear. No spacers. No shifting left a 1/4". No shifting right a 1/4". No pads beneath the phone. Just SET IT ON THE MIKRADLE. You will see for yourself - MIKRADLE Does! :)

Click on each photo to enlarge

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I am very proud of all the above compliments - more so those that commend my service, and will continue to strive for the highest standard in supplying the best service available for my products! For any reader that has ever dealt with any service related position - they will understand the commitment and dedication that allows for this gesture of a service oriented goal. This was the driving decision also to now include the FREE High Quality 6' MicroUSB Gold Plated Cable! When my customers speak - I listen! :) Thank you. :) mike

jlnelson73 New Member

I wish I would have seen this thread two hours ago when I ordered a dock off Amazon.com with the extra battery charger, then I wouldn't have to go through all the trouble sending it back because I just ordered it!!!! lol This Dock is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, beautiful AND functional. Thanks for taking the time to build something like this for us. :icon_ banana:

Jeremy
Search tags for this page

mikradle