micael5

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Yesterday evening I updated my Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3. After, I was very happy because of the new lock screen. It had great features, like Facebook and Instagram on full page, news on all page, etc. I was very enthusiastic about it.

But, next day in the morning it dissappeared and now I have the standard lock screen prior to update. ( I don't understand why?? I didn't do anything.

Does anyone has the same problem? How can I go to the new lock screen?

Please, please help me! This new feature is so great, I wanted back!

Kind regards.

OP
M

micael5

Reaction score
Take a look at How To Use Lock Screen Settings On Samsung Galaxy S4 - Samsung Galaxy S4 for some instructions on putting widgets (like Facebook) on the lock screen.

Welcome to the forums. I must say that your topic title is a bit odd.

It's clear for me that you did not understand my question.
Anyway, I just checked lock screen settings with a friend who updated his S4 to android 4.3 Jelly Bean, and he has the same settings. He send me a print screen with his lock screen after the update and is exactly with what I had. Therefore, something changed with my phone during the night, as the new lock screen feature somehow disappeared from my phone.

I was advise to factory reset, but I am not sure that it will solve my problem.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok. Why not post your friend's screen shots to help you better?

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
It's clear for me that you did not understand my question.
Anyway, I just checked lock screen settings with a friend who updated his S4 to android 4.3 Jelly Bean, and he has the same settings. He send me a print screen with his lock screen after the update and is exactly with what I had. Therefore, something changed with my phone during the night, as the new lock screen feature somehow disappeared from my phone.

I was advise to factory reset, but I am not sure that it will solve my problem.

Have you done a 1 minute battery pull since the update? If not do it. If the lock screen isn't back after that, change settings to slide lock, then back to what you wanted.

OP
M

micael5

Reaction score
@bbtkd I just done a 10 minutes battery pull, and nothing. Still the same lock screen.

@ aaf709 I attach 3 photos: the one with autumn landscape shows the new lock screen - from my friend
the one with sea view is my lock screen (standard)
and the other one shows my settings - maybe you can check yours and tell me if are ok

I'm going crazy! :mad:

Kind regards!

View attachment 67906

View attachment 67907

View attachment 67908

bbtkd

Reaction score
@bbtkd I just done a 10 minutes battery pull, and nothing. Still the same lock screen.

OK, after the battery pull did you change the settings to a standard slide lock, and then back to what you want?

OP
M

micael5

Reaction score
OK, after the battery pull did you change the settings to a standard slide lock, and then back to what you want?

I didn't changed anything. I only turned on the phone. I have the settings from the photos earlier upload.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at your settings and mine, I get the widgets (and 12 apps) by swiping the time/date on the lock screen. If I swipe to the left I get three pages for widgets and when I swipe the the right I get the apps.

Last edited:
OP
M

micael5

Reaction score
Looking at your settings and mine, I get the widgets (and 12 apps) by swiping the time/date on the lock screen. If I swipe to the left I get three pages for widgets and when I swipe the the right I get the apps.

This is what I use to have... But during the night something changed and now I have the standard, the one used prior to update. :((
This is the problem, because in the old lock screen I can't swipe to the left or right....
Can I re-install 4.3?

Kind regards.

Last edited: