MightyText - Send/receive texts through your phone on your computer

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
MightyText has been in beta for awhile, but now it's made its way to a full release. By installing the app in the Play Store and an extension for the browser of your choosing, you can view SMS/MMS messages that are sent to your phone as well as send messages through your phone via the web browser. It all works online, so there's no need to plug your phone into your computer or connect via a local network(like with AirDroid). That's nice because you'll be able to access and send texts even if you forget your phone somewhere.

Personally, I think this is great. If you're in an environment (work, school, etc.) where you really can't pull out your phone to read/send text messages, but you can be on a computer, you're able to read and send instantly. I can see myself using this a lot during long meetings. :) It's also nice for those times you accidentally forget your phone at home or leave it in the car. So far, it's been working flawlessly for me, with notifications coming through on my computer a split second before they pop up on my phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I just installed it. It looks VERY appealing as bsweetness describes. I will report back with my findings. Thanks, bsweetness for the tip!

vpa2013

Reaction score
Hi,
I just found out about this app and I think it's great. I'm a little worry about the security though: what's preventing someone from hacking your google account and sending text message to premium numbers at your expense? I would love to see some kind of security like limiting the access to the web application from a specific IP and limiting the recipients to the ones that are in your phone book, or to some phone number masks that would exclude premium numbers.