MightyText App Allows You to Send/Receive Text Through Your Phone on Your Computer

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mightytext-text-from-pc-through-android.png

One of our amazing members, bsweetness, tuned us into an amazing little app that should definitely not be missed. It's called MightyText, and the app allows you to do a few interesting things that you wouldn't normally first think of, but after you do, you wonder why no one has thought of it before. The primary function of the app is that it allows you to send or receive texts through your phone via a computer. It even has a couple of other handy features. It can also pop up a notice when the phone rings and it can initiate a call from your computer that will make the phone dial. Finally, the best part of this app is that it is free!

Hit up the source link below to check it out and download it for yourself.

Also, FoxKat thanks for tipping us off to bsweetness' post! And, thanks to bsweetness for sharing with us!

Source: MightyText.net

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Just installed it and it seems to work great. I am a little cautious though as I did have to allow it access to my gmail account. I hope it can be trusted. I use MSN Messenger to text my wife all the time when she isn't online and this to me is way better. Plus, I could only text my wife as she is the only one i do text in my MSN Messenger list. Now I can text other people from my computer which to me is way way easier than my phone. I work in IT so I'm in front of a computer all day long.

warped1987

Reaction score
Just set mine up, my first txt took a little longer than expected to send, but that just might be because my wifi has been crappy lately. I'm kinda excited to use this app.

Dragonman4994

Reaction score
I have received 2 texts since installing and neither of them showed up. My messages are also all jumbled up. There are like 10 from my friend then 10 from me but aren't like that on my phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have received 2 texts since installing and neither of them showed up. My messages are also all jumbled up. There are like 10 from my friend then 10 from me but aren't like that on my phone.

Wow, I am sorry you are having trouble with it. I am using it and it's been flawless and amazing. I would suggest you try uninstalling and perhaps doing a power-cycle before reinstalling. Also, this is intended to work in conjunction with the stock SMS client, so if you're using a third party texting tool it may result in the issues you've experienced. Good luck! :biggrin:

raptor5k

Reaction score
I work in an area where I can't take my phone in (secured area.) So my phone sits in the car, a half mile away. I have been using this app for several months now. It's not perfect, sometimes it's a little glitchy, but it's much better than not being able to text at all!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I work in an area where I can't take my phone in (secured area.) So my phone sits in the car, a half mile away. I have been using this app for several months now. It's not perfect, sometimes it's a little glitchy, but it's much better than not being able to text at all!

Can you tell us what kind of glitches you've experienced? It would help to compare to other users' experiences to isolate the causes and determine if it's an app issue or something specific to a certain device or configuration. Thanks. :biggrin:

raptor5k

Reaction score
Can you tell us what kind of glitches you've experienced? It would help to compare to other users' experiences to isolate the causes and determine if it's an app issue or something specific to a certain device or configuration. Thanks. :biggrin:

Just every now and then it doesn't send. It stalls at "Computer>>> your phone"
Other times, when the message is too long to be on 1 message, the 2nd half will get to the recipient before the first half.
99% of the time it's perfect, and I'm not complaining too loudly about the few errors. Overall it serves me very well!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Wow, I am sorry you are having trouble with it. I am using it and it's been flawless and amazing. I would suggest you try uninstalling and perhaps doing a power-cycle before reinstalling. Also, this is intended to work in conjunction with the stock SMS client, so if you're using a third party texting tool it may result in the issues you've experienced. Good luck! :biggrin:

Same experience here. Love it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just every now and then it doesn't send. It stalls at "Computer>>> your phone"
Other times, when the message is too long to be on 1 message, the 2nd half will get to the recipient before the first half.
99% of the time it's perfect, and I'm not complaining too loudly about the few errors. Overall it serves me very well!

Cool, because my ears are "sensitive" :blink: (JK LOL!) OK, the issue with one half arriving before the other is completely dependent on the global WWW network. The first half DOES go out first, but it may take a trip across 30 different destination points, traversing tens or even hundreds of thousands of miles in the process and the extra few milliseconds it takes to travel those distances can cause it to arrive immediately after part two, which might have gotten lucky and only had 15-20 "hops" to get where its' going. The only way to attempt to assure that they arrive in the same order would be if the sending application (MightyText), held the part 2 in a buffer for 20 or 30 milliseconds or more, then released it on its way. Even that doesn't guarantee it will arrive in proper order, but minimizes the chance it's baby brother gets there first.

If SMS had a "return receipt" protocol, the app could wait for the receipt before releasing part 2, but I don't believe SMS has any kind of confirmation (though I could be wrong!)

As for the stalling, that's likely either a server, network, or cellular network stall, where the phone isn't responding to the request to communicate with the MightyText application. Make sure you don't have your phone set to "Data off" when the screen is off or this will likely not work.

Dragonman4994

Reaction score

I was using Handcent and emailed the devs and the auto response had the fix in it! I had the app set as the default messaging app which apparently causes some problems. Seems to be working fine now :D

skennelly

Reaction score
Just downloaded and installed this. I can't wait to try it out, it looks pretty cool.