1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Mighty Grocery Shopping List free today (4/19/11) at Amazon

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Lenagainster, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Lenagainster

Lenagainster New Member

Mighty Grocery Shopping List, normally $2.99, is free today on Amazon Apps. However, the offering is puzzling. On Amazon, the rating is a paultry 2 stars, with most users giving it 1 star. On the Market, the price is $3.06, users give it 4 stars plus. Does that mean if you pay for it, you are apt to justify the expense with a higher rating?:)
  2. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

No, the lower ratings in Amazon reflect the fact that they took a BETA program that the dev was making and offered it up for free.

Those who took it are somewhat torked that amazon offered up a Beta program, not a full application.

I'm not sure how those on the Android market, paying a hagher premium for a BETA could give that high marks.

There is no indication fro those who purchased it that they may receive the final version for free, having already paid to assist the dev in testing either, that may also be driving the poor reviews, and I would agree in that reguard.
  3. Lenagainster

Lenagainster New Member

Downloaded it from Amazon. Can't seem to determine the version. On the home screen it shows 0.9.18, which may crorrespond to "Full Beta 18" as shown on the Google Market. In any case, installation went smoothly, but for me, it is far too complex to give an immediate appraisal.
  4. StormyHeather

StormyHeather New Member

I downloaded Mighty Grocery and was interested in the varying degree of ratings that it was given.

I've looked under the HELP section and it is difficult to determine what version it is, whether a "FULL" version or free version, but the Help section takes you to the Mighty Grocery website.

I think I downloaded the free version from the Market, but uninstalled it because it didn't make sense.

I think this is the FULL version. It has the barcode scanner, the ability to sync and other tasks that are supposed to be for the FULL version only. Also, there is a section under the Settings that allows you to SHOW ADS or HIDE ADS. Hiding ads is only available in the Full version. My is deselected with the option to Show Ads, so I'm going with the conclusion that this is the Full version and not a beta/free version.

It should be interesting to use. I would like to remember what I'm supposed to get from the grocery store when I go, since I always forget something! :blink:
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
Search tags for this page

amazon grocery list

best grocery shopping list app reviews android
grocery shopping lists, software